PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishin for walleye near Edmonton

Hunter Hank
12-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Any good places to go ice fishing for walleye or perch within one and a half hours from Edmonton?

Bobby B.
12-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Lac St. Anne is good to great for walleye.

Bobby B.

retten
12-30-2013, 01:25 PM
3 to 4 feet of water an hour before sun down you wont keep them off.

Our illustrious conservation department has wrecked yet another fishery with
saving the walleye, 6 or 8 years ago you could go to Lac Ste Anne and catch 14" perch and nice healthy pike all day long.

Now the walleye are rampant, they have eaten all the perch, the pike are like snakes with oversized heads, the whites are still ok because they can survive on smaller food sources.

Pigeon same result.

Wolf same result.

I think we should bring in some forward thinking Conservationists from Manitoba and Saskatchewan, I have fished all over both of those provinces and have never seen the collapse of species like perch or pike.

I would definitely be willing to pay more for a fishing license, if we had people in control that had an idea as to how these eco systems actually worked.

bkarp
12-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Hi. I'm new to ice fishing and could use your advice. What's the best bait for these Lac St. Anne walleye? Thanks I really appreciate it.

Bobby B.
12-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi. I'm new to ice fishing and could use your advice. What's the best bait for these Lac St. Anne walleye? Thanks I really appreciate it.

Chartreuse jig heads and chartreuse curly tail bodies. Stick a minoow on the jig hook and you're good to go.

Bobby B.

jeffrey929
12-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Where is the best/ most convenient spot to access Ste Anne seeing as I don't feel like driving on and don't want to walk too terribly far with all the gear?

brohymn2
12-30-2013, 08:12 PM
check out the alberta back roads map, has all the access points for lakes on it, theres a public boat launch on the north side I usually go to

cube
12-30-2013, 08:59 PM
3 to 4 feet of water an hour before sun down you wont keep them off.

Our illustrious conservation department has wrecked yet another fishery with
saving the walleye, 6 or 8 years ago you could go to Lac Ste Anne and catch 14" perch and nice healthy pike all day long.

Now the walleye are rampant, they have eaten all the perch, the pike are like snakes with oversized heads, the whites are still ok because they can survive on smaller food sources.

Pigeon same result.

Wolf same result.

I think we should bring in some forward thinking Conservationists from Manitoba and Saskatchewan, I have fished all over both of those provinces and have never seen the collapse of species like perch or pike.

I would definitely be willing to pay more for a fishing license, if we had people in control that had an idea as to how these eco systems actually worked.

X2

Alberta Bigbore
12-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Have caught alot of nice walleye in Jackfish through the ice in the past.

1bluZebec
12-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Have caught alot of nice walleye in Jackfish through the ice in the past.

X2. Then to make things even Better you don't have to pay for parking:sHa_shakeshout:

Richmuiz
12-30-2013, 11:56 PM
You can't keep any out of jack fish

Kim473
12-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Most walleye lakes you need to purchase tags for them so check the regs.

I sure hope lake isle makes a come back. Man did I ever catch some nice perch from there before it winter killed. Caught a few eyes too. Saw one that was at least 8 lbs. Then it winter killed the year I got class A tags and never got to use them as they closed the lake, C & R only.

GregT
12-31-2013, 06:47 AM
has anyone been out to lake isle lately? i wonder how if the fish populations are recovering.