PDA

View Full Version : Where to Ice Fish

Danoab
12-28-2013, 12:22 PM
So I'm new to ice fishing in this province, I'm originally from New Brunswick and we do a lot of ice fishing there but with my new job here I have a lot of time off and would really like to get my son into ice fishing. So my question is where is some good places to go?

Summer time my boat will be here so I will be looking for new places to take it also lol I got an amazing deal on a bass boat so I had to take it so if you know some good places to take it that would be great also.

Thanks for any information guys and girls

capper
12-28-2013, 02:24 PM
if your trying to get the youngster Into fishing wab is the place I'd go, nothing like pulling a 10lb snake out of the ice. And it's close to edm. Cross can be good for kids. Lots of fish just not always the biggest

AppleJax
12-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Gregoire Lake south of Fort Mcmurray would be a good place to start. :)

Red Bullets
12-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Buy Barry Mitchell's Alberta fishing guide. Might give you a 'few' ideas.

binnzer32
12-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Gregoire near island spin jig heads and minnows
8-10 ft water. Engstrom lake left hand side near far point. Red Berkley angleworms

Ranger CS
12-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Contact Evil 69. He appears to be the ice fishing expert for all of southern Alberta. He has both the pictures and stories to verify and is more than willing to share with everyone out there.

Jims71duster
12-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Contact Evil 69. He appears to be the ice fishing expert for all of southern Alberta. He has both the pictures and stories to verify and is more than willing to share with everyone out there.

Why! What was the purpose of that,jerk

Ranger CS
12-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Why! What was the purpose of that,jerk

Through his very explicit explanation and photos, he is a self professed success story. Yet he still is not sure of what he caught. Jerk

AppleJax
12-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Through his very explicit explanation and photos, he is a self professed success story. Yet he still is not sure of what he caught. Jerk

Wow your being a real Ranger C____S_____:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ranger CS
12-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Wow your being a real Ranger C____S_____:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to entice you, small worms don't hold any interest. You need to hook up with Evil, I think you and he may have something in common. If the fish aren't biting the two of you may have a good time anyway.

BeeGuy
12-28-2013, 10:38 PM
You must not ice fish!!!!

None shall pass!!!!!!

AppleJax
12-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to entice you, small worms don't hold any interest. You need to hook up with Evil, I think you and he may have something in common. If the fish aren't biting the two of you may have a good time anyway.

Aren't you a treat.... Go back under your bridge!:love0025:

Ranger CS
12-28-2013, 10:51 PM
On occasion, not as avid as some who dangle their lure, with hopes something or somebody may take interest. Then they brag like he_ _. Just in case someone else might be interested.

Geezle
12-29-2013, 08:28 AM
On occasion, not as avid as some who dangle their lure, with hopes something or somebody may take interest. Then they brag like he_ _. Just in case someone else might be interested.

You mean trolling? Yeah, I think you've got that one figured out.

Why did you even come post in this thread to begin with, besides to trash this guy who you obviously have an issue with?

You're crying about this guy in the South...the OP of this thread is up in freakin' Fort Mac. How is this even remotely related?

Did he tell people about your 'secret' spot?

Get over yourself and go pout somewhere else.

To the OP, sorry for the derail of your thread. I see you've only got a couple posts in on the forum, so I figure I should tell you that not all of us are quite like this guy ^^^ :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I'm not from the area so I can't help you with your fishing quest, but I know there are a few guys up in the area who should chime in soon :)

pikeslayer22
12-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Skelton, long lake, calling lake, north buck,heart lake,spencer lake, rat,wiau.behan...just to name a few...there are literally dozens within a couple hours of you

binnzer32
12-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Just be careful parking your vehicle on a lake like heart lake. Sled in.

BPman
12-29-2013, 09:40 AM
There must be lots of ice fishing opportunities around Fort Mac. There is a very active Fish & Game club there. I suggest you join the club and do a bit of networking and you will get lots of local info. Ask questions at the local sports shops too.

Pincherguy
12-29-2013, 09:49 AM
What fish are you looking to catch, trout, pike, or anything will do?
I am not from your area but a little more info on what you like might be helpful. Have a good one.

AppleJax
12-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Like I said before, Gregoire Lake is a great place to start. It has all major species in it. I fished it a couple times open water and hard water and always had good success. Good luck out there and welcome to the forum!

elkhunter11
12-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Engstrom was the easiest place to catch fish through the ice, but I haven't been there in a couple of years, so I don't know if it has winter killed recently.

Jims71duster
12-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Engstrom was the easiest place to catch fish through the ice, but I haven't been there in a couple of years, so I don't know if it has winter killed recently.

I work at surmont II and see people on the lake daily

Pixel Shooter
12-29-2013, 03:22 PM
enough trolling people, back on track