PDA

View Full Version : Building an Iceshack?

BBKiller
12-28-2013, 02:06 PM
I am considering building an iceshack and putting it on sylvan lake. I won't be able to use it as much as i would like so am curious if anyone would be interested in Splitting on building cost and usage ?

Also Does anyone have any designs that seem to be superior ?
How large would an ideal Shack be ?
What style of roof ?

Anyone have pictures on shacks they built ?

headchef
12-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi there.the red shack was one I built 8yrs ago and had 3 holes, middle hole was used for electronics and built it for the wife and i and also had a 4 burner stove from a camper and worked fine,but last spring it finally fell apart. The white one is what I have now and still waiting to get on ice. If u have any questions fell free to ask. Tight lines.

BBKiller
12-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi there.the red shack was one I built 8yrs ago and had 3 holes, middle hole was used for electronics and built it for the wife and i and also had a 4 burner stove from a camper and worked fine,but last spring it finally fell apart. The white one is what I have now and still waiting to get on ice. If u have any questions fell free to ask. Tight lines.

Do you have any pics of the inside on your new one ?
Which lake do you have it on ? (if you don't mind telling me that is)

Lambo
12-30-2013, 07:33 AM
I'm building one too. This is what my shack looks like at the moment.84257

bpallen
12-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Nice job - home away from home

waterninja
12-30-2013, 12:58 PM
looks like it is made out of styrofoam. i like.
being all white i hope no one drives in to it during a snowstorm. lol.

The Reel Deal
12-30-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm building one too. This is what my shack looks like at the moment.84257

looks like good times... if you ever find time to use it :confused0024:

stubblejumper01
12-30-2013, 09:15 PM
I was on Lac La Nonne yesterday. Several people were using those vinyl garden sheds you get at Home Depot. The one I looked at had a full floor with holes in it, shelves for fish cam, etc Little Buddy heater. The possibilities are endless. Not sure of cost but really easy to transport as they are light

BBKiller
12-30-2013, 09:19 PM
I am going to build one. Out of wood. Insulated and Wood stove it in.
Something i will be able to spend a night or two in at a time if i choose.

Anyone have anymore ideas / Pictures ?

bsmitty27
12-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Haven't had a ice shack since I was a kid but was thinking of plans. I was thinking of laminating rigid foam to 3/8" ply mabey only 1/4" ply. Glue and steel brackets to attach all the panells. 2x4's at corners if needed.
Any one used somthing like that.
Brad

Lambo
12-30-2013, 11:38 PM
I am going to build one. Out of wood. Insulated and Wood stove it in.
Something i will be able to spend a night or two in at a time if i choose.

Anyone have anymore ideas / Pictures ?

Mine is 6'x12', has a bathroom, a little sink, 12 holes so lots of options for 4 guys to fish out of. Will have 2 bunks for overnight trips. It's on skis but will also have 4 wheels that raise and lower. It also has a ramp in the back so I can bring my quad along. I will post more pics when its done.

Lambo
12-30-2013, 11:40 PM
looks like good times... if you ever find time to use it :confused0024:

I know! Give me a hand and it will be done sooner. Lol!

dmcbride
12-31-2013, 11:19 AM
When I visited my brother in Ontario, we went ice fishing in one of his friends ice shacks. They build them out of 2 x 2's and use tin from the news paper company's for the outside skin. I think it is the printing plate??? Really light and if you get bored you can read the walls.

58thecat
12-31-2013, 11:39 AM

If you build it they will come...

headchef
12-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Hey BBkiller not sure why but can't upload vid on site so if you care to see it send me your email and i'll send you vid