PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Today - Brownlows

JBEAU
12-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Was out at gull today (Brownlows) had 3 kids - 4 adults on the ice set out tip ups with smelts + jigged for whites w maggots + wireworms....so dead....fished from sun up till 1pm never saw a fish at all no bites tried 3 different spots drilled 40 odd holes...everyone fished consistently wow so disappointing

Even my newbie Auzzie brother braved the fridgid temp all day and no luck

Anyone else have any luck @ Brownlows today

Heading back tomorrow....may try North Side...not too sure where to go...any help appreciated

Graffy91
12-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Was out at gull today (Brownlows) had 3 kids - 4 adults on the ice set out tip ups with smelts + jigged for whites w maggots + wireworms....so dead....fished from sun up till 1pm never saw a fish at all no bites tried 3 different spots drilled 40 odd holes...everyone fished consistently wow so disappointing

Heading back tomorrow....may try North Side...not too sure where to go...any help appreciated

Sounds like my story at Lac Ste. Anne for the past 4 outings...

Not a single fish in over 25 hours fished, haven't seen anything on camera either...

Very frustrating.

BeaverHunter
12-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Was at brownlows the past 3 day seen lots of whites but nothing would bit :angry3: today sat there tell 430 and limited out in the last 20mins of staying there :sHa_shakeshout:

wags
12-28-2013, 07:17 PM

We were out for several hours today, just north of the Brownlow's Shanty Town, and had one bite between three of us. My guess is that it was a perch, by the way it looked and fought, but it was on a rapala that I was playing with lol - can't imagine a perch biting that big of a hook. Needless to say, I didn't land him, so the skunking continues.

Cheers,
Jay

azn_rice_man
12-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Sounds all too familiar... Was out all day yesterday at Brownlows with 3 of my buddies... Only caught one small perch. We were setup near Shanty Village. From what I gathered, it was a slow day for all. Glad to hear it's not just us, but it still sucks that it's fishing that bad.

Better luck next time!

Zanzibar
12-28-2013, 09:47 PM
I was out a bit north of Brownlows the other day, and had little perch chasing and chewing at a rattling rap with no bait that I was messing around with. They were coming right off bottom, up to around 3-4 feet below the ice. Hungry little buggers.

pikeslayer22
12-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Jbeau...are you in a tent while fishing fo whites? If not pretty tough to catch them on that lake without seeing them.

JBEAU
12-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Ya we've got a tent....but didnt see a thing though

HuyFishin
12-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Not as bad as me, 5 days on pigeon and no fish :(

Kim473
12-29-2013, 06:00 AM
Full moon just past a short time ago. Wait for a week or two and the bite will be on. Probably warmer too.

Mudder Man
12-29-2013, 07:11 AM
No problem for Nelly and myself to get our Limit yesterday. Tons of fish down the 10 inch hole and on the Camera. Saw 4 of the species in the lake as well.

play safe everyone

MM

Mudder Man
12-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Geesh I will have to call it Catching and not Fishing, went back to the SPOT and hit my 3 Whites in 16 minutes to the TEEEEE. I would have done it sooner likely but I had to do a retie after the 1st Fish. All very nice Whites to boot. Guess I tied up the perfect Wireworm and mastered the right twitch!!!

Play safe and have fun everyone, my neighbors get to eat fresh Fish tonight.

MM

kinwahkly
12-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Was out today, started snowing hard at noon, got my 3 whites and 4 perch, one perch was 12 inches, not a lot moving around but enough to keep ya busy.

fishermansfriend
12-29-2013, 08:09 PM
ill be giving brownlows another shot tomorrow... i managed a few pike the oher day when i was out, lost a white which really bummed me out since ive yet to get one.. man did it take off like crazy!

JBEAU
12-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Back @ Brownlows again today....even the Auzzie Brother-in-law made it out after freezing his ass yesterday there...persistance paid off caught 3 whites...kids lost twice that many and saw about 12 others in the hole...got a couple decent perch too....happy to send my Auzzie bro off with a few Alberta memories....good day

fatboyz
12-29-2013, 08:31 PM
Are guys driving trucks out at Brownlows or still quads and sleds only?

Tussell
12-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Trucks all over the place.

fatboyz
12-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the ice update, going to give it a try this week.

General Practitioner
01-06-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm new to the area, can anyone tell me where the Brownlows area is and how to get there? Or any point of Gull lake that is accessible by truck? I am hoping to get out this coming weekend to test out some of the Christmas gear.

Thanks

fish gunner
01-06-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm new to the area, can anyone tell me where the Brownlows area is and how to get there? Or any point of Gull lake that is accessible by truck? I am hoping to get out this coming weekend to test out some of the Christmas gear.

Thanks

Hwy 2 lacombe gulllake Bentley exit. hwy 12 West . Continue through gull lake village,through a set of double S bends. after the s' s take first range road north . Road will come to a 4way junction, continue strait . This will bring you to brownlows Landing.

deanstroyer
01-06-2014, 08:49 PM

Thanks

here is a google maps link, it shows how to get there from highway 2. good luck fishing

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=ca&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=204899781201151728112.0004eda0ec16ce354ddb0

kinwahkly
01-07-2014, 09:19 AM
was there on Sunday, lots of drifts and hard to navigate.

General Practitioner
01-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the directions and map link!

Hopefully I'll find a path I can drive through.

Kim473
01-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Was thinking of hitting it myself if the weather is decent.