PDA

View Full Version : delete

-JR-
12-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Time to buy some new water proof ice fishing boots.
I'm the guy that always has cold feet. Looked at a few out there , been leaning towards those Cabalas Sask. Boots.
Anyone tried them out ?
Any other boots for us old timers with cold feet.

Moonwalker
12-29-2013, 10:54 AM
I have the muck boots -woody elite which I really like. Always dry and find that my feet stay warm.

nof60
12-29-2013, 10:57 AM
bunny boots if your not doing a tonne of walking. you will never have cold feet again. make sure they are the real deal and not the akton knock offs and threadlock the air vent closed if you are never gonna fly with them.

-JR-
12-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Tried those muck boots . Feet freeze very fast in those boots as my feet sweet, and have poor circulation to produce heat.
Thanks for your input anyways.

GTZ
12-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Bought the new Baffin's at Cabela's this year, been out 3 times in very cold temps and they've been great! For the size of the boot they are very light and comfortable. Highly recommend.

The Reel Deal
12-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Pair your choice of boot with T-max socks - highly recommend them

AppleJax
12-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Bought the new Baffin's at Cabela's this year, been out 3 times in very cold temps and they've been great! For the size of the boot they are very light and comfortable. Highly recommend.

These are exactly what I have, never once had cold feet in them. I even got them soaked in floodwater last year in minus 30 and my feet were still warm. Great boot, comfy and lightweight!

GTZ
12-29-2013, 11:17 AM
These are exactly what I have, never once had cold feet in them. I even got them soaked in floodwater last year in minus 30 and my feet were still warm. Great boot, comfy and lightweight!

100% agree. Best boot I've ever owned.

Redfrog
12-29-2013, 11:23 AM
I have a pair of Baffins that I bought about 8 years ago. I was on the ice for 4 hours last week with a pair of lightweight socks on. If I'm not walking, that is plenty. If I'm mobile they are too hot.

Around the farm when I do chores for an hour or so, I often wear no sox.Drives her cuckoo.:sHa_shakeshout:

They have a removable felt linerand a wee pocket on the side.

I don't know which model they are. All i can find on them is 'Douglas C Stamp"

Baffin Technology.

These are without doubt the warmest boots I've ever had.

They look like these without the ankle strap.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5025-965/baffin-endurance-winter-boots-mens/?f=10+4294964981

niwrek
12-29-2013, 02:28 PM
I have had mucks for 3 years....fantastic. Gortex seems to be wearing out though

Flieguy
12-29-2013, 02:37 PM
I've got sorrels that are very nice, also like mucks.

3blade
12-29-2013, 02:39 PM
I had the same problem, frost bite when i was a kid, feet sweat on the hike out and cant feel em in 30 min
Boots: Cabelas trans Alaska, 1.5 sizes big.
Socks: fox river polypropylene extra heavy weight for the hike out. change to Icebreaker merino wool heavy weight just before I sit down to fish.

Seems to work for me. Also try to stand on anything other than ice. Snow, plastic tent floor, plywood etc.

Zanzibar
12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
There was a pair of Dunlop boots under the tree this year with my name on them. Haven't had them out on the ice yet, but I've worn them a fair bit around the yard, no complaints so far. It's gonna be nice to clear out the hole with the auger and not worry about wet feet the rest of the day.

WildCats
12-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Pac boots all the way, keep your feet well above the ice.

BPman
12-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Sorels with rubber bottoms and high leather tops. Removable felt liners. As the liners get compacted on the bottom they lose insulating value so I put a new pair of felt insoles between the liner and boot sole about every three years. After more than 10 years they are still going strong. About $150 at Wholesale Sports.

wellpastcold
12-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I have the Cabelas Saskatchewan pack boots. They are awesome warm boots. They are not completely waterproof in deep floodwater. With the amount of snow we have this year, flood water will be a constant issue. I bought some new Baffins this year. High rubber boots with a liner rated for -100c. Very comfortable, very warm highly recommend them.

-JR-
12-29-2013, 06:37 PM
so out of the two boots baffin or sask, which one would you buy

wellpastcold
12-29-2013, 06:49 PM
I really like them both. If I could only have one pair, it would have to be Baffins.

pikeslayer22
12-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Muck...Arctic Pro

fishermansfriend
12-29-2013, 07:05 PM
insulated rubber boots from crappy tire... some wool socks

Gabriel S.
12-29-2013, 07:40 PM
http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-marksdefaultsalescatalog/workwear/safety-footwear/northbay-20132
I use something similar with bama socks, never been cold and when i want to go fancy i use my irish setters 1000 g insulation with handmade wool socks, actually 100% unfreakingtreated wool directly from the mtf sheep :) made similar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTcFVeA-1U&noredirect=1
Its incredible what a difference can be between factory made and old style handmade ...

EZM
12-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Sorels - the goretex fabric top and lightweight rubber packs - warm, breathable and dry - very light and waterproof.

If you make the mistake of getting minus -100 boots - your feet will sweat and you might just get cold if the boots does not breathe.

I have many pairs of various types of boots and went back to these.

muskokagould
12-29-2013, 07:50 PM
Pair your choice of boot with T-max socks - highly recommend them

X2

Also I Change my socks and from shoes when getting to the lake. If your feet sweat on the drive won't matter what you wear. Got some Stanley CSA -80 from ct for $130 feet haven't been cold working at -30 all day

Gabriel S.
12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Sorels - the goretex fabric top and lightweight rubber packs - warm, breathable and dry - very light and waterproof.

If you make the mistake of getting minus -100 boots - your feet will sweat and you might just get cold if the boots does not breathe.

That might be right, generaly speaking but not in my case, thats why i use bama socks for -100 boots.

kinwahkly
12-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Arctic muck boots for the past. 2 years

binnzer32
12-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Rig boots. Dakota or baffling or Dunlop with Bama socks

AppleJax
12-29-2013, 08:13 PM

Funny I've had sweaty feet in my -100 boots and didn't suffer from cold feet... The wife suffers when I take them off at the front door however.

Boatbuilder
12-29-2013, 08:20 PM
I've got Muck (Arctic sport) going on 5 years now. Best winter boot I've worn. I wear them ice fishin, hunting, shovelling snow etc.