PDA

View Full Version : lac la noone

froggy
12-29-2013, 11:40 AM
anyone been out to lac la noone yet wondering about how thick the ice is ?

AppleJax
12-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Was out 2 weeks ago ice was about 10 inches 50/50 white/black ice. Floodwater at every access point so I didn't drive on. Let us know if conditions have changed if you go!

GregT
12-29-2013, 12:26 PM
i was up there yesterday. off of killdeer boat launch there was 8 inches of slush and water on top. we had a tough time walking out without breaking through. up around by the store the flood water was mostly froze. there was also a little ways plowed where folks pulled shacks on, but no trucks on the ice. not a fish to be seen all afternoon.

stubblejumper01
12-29-2013, 06:57 PM
Took my sled out today. The locals have some trails plowed from the access at Connie Mays store. There were a couple of pickups and a jeep out there as well as a few Atvs by the shacks. A lady in a shack said they were seeing fish on camera so I went past them and drilled a couple of holes.
Ice was about 10" , half white and half clear. Set up the tent as it was snowing hard. Caught a plump walleye after about 20 min. Caught 4 pike and then another walleye. Was on the ice for about 3 hrs. Also saw a couple of fat perch but never had a perch hook ready to go. Nice to see some though. Next time I'm going to be ready for them.
Flood water around when you get off the plowed trail.