PDA

View Full Version : No Luck at North Buck

dfisherguy
12-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Was out today at North Buck on the south side. I brought my mom who hasnt fished in years and gave it a try. We drove on, but I wouldnt recommend it to anyone right now. We drove across a short portion and almost went through. LOTS of flood water. We were there for perch and my mom was really hoping for a perch fry. Didnt see one or have a single bite for perch. We did catch 6 pike all put back because we do not eat pike typically. I am very dissappointed I couldnt get my mom into any perch but then again I havent been able to find any anywhere for years. She wants to go again with me this year which will be hard because I may find the time to get out 2 - 3 times a year. Got skunked when I brought the kids to cross lake last year which sucked because it was my only time I got out! Plus the three 5 year olds i took had no fun! If anyone can help get us into some maybe around athabasca area or around boyle would be great. Was thinking ghost by athabasca or Island lake. I really have no clue and im not lokking for your honey hole but even a day of smaller perch , maybe a couple for the fryer, would be fun. Pm or any post would be sincerely appretiated . thanks

retten
12-30-2013, 12:54 PM
cross lake, lots of dinks the odd decent perch

dfisherguy
12-31-2013, 09:29 AM
cross lake, lots of dinks the odd decent perch

This is where I brought the kids last year and got skunked either than a couple missed tip ups for pike! I think I am gonna go on a limb and try either mons lake, or island lake(athabsca) or ghost lake by athabasca. Unless someone is willing to help out a bit. I have heard lots about cross being decent but its hard to go back to a lake that ive had such bad luck on. I will choose one of these other 3 lakes more than likely and ill post how it goes. But I dont know when im gonna be able to get out again. Hopefully this upcoming weekend if im lucky, doubtful but fingers crossed.

Kim473
12-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Your best bet would be N.Buck, when you can drive on. Follow the trafic to the NE. side. JMO.
You can try long lake but they are hard to catch there. No driving on yet, at most of those. Too much snow and not cold enough for very long.
Pike tast good in the winter time, gotta fillet them boneless tho.