PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Video - Rainbows Right Under the Ice

Brandonkop
12-30-2013, 10:13 AM
The fish are not always where you expect to find them. This day I noticed I wasn't getting any bites near the bottom and I saw a lot of aquatic bugs right under the ice. So I started to jig right under the ice over ten feet of water and looked down the hole. To my surprise fish were swimming right under my hole checking out the bait and even striking at it once in a while. This was pretty cool so I drilled a couple of holes and stuck my GoPro Down to see what I could catch. There was lots of snow on ice and this was late in the day so the lighting isn't the best but still pretty interesting to see their near ice behavior in the winter. The ones I caught and filleted were full of these water bugs and sticklebacks. This was from Hermitage Park Pond when I was out there the other day.

Check out the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omhZ37oc3MM

italk2u
12-30-2013, 11:55 AM
you mentioned you filetted them. How did they taste? Muddy?

waterninja
12-30-2013, 12:14 PM
did you notice all the sticklebacks swimming around? that pond is being choked out by them. would not be surprised if they have to poison that pond in the future to clean them out for awhile.

NCFlyfishin
12-30-2013, 12:37 PM
I subscribed to your channel, your videos are awesome!

Brandonkop
12-30-2013, 01:06 PM
I subscribed to your channel, your videos are awesome!

Thanks for the support!

did you notice all the sticklebacks swimming around? that pond is being choked out by them. would not be surprised if they have to poison that pond in the future to clean them out for awhile.

No I didn't really see any sticklebacks swimming around, just mostly water boatman. The trout eat the sticklebacks. Most of the ones I catch have some in them. One of them this time had about 20 sticklebacks in it. There were even three still in its mouth when I caught it. I know they are down there because I can see them on the marcum when I lower my hook to the bottom they come up off the bottom.

you mentioned you filetted them. How did they taste? Muddy?

I'm a bad person to ask since I'm not really sure what people mean when they say fish taste muddy. I've never tasted mud and I've never tasted a muddy fish. I like them and think they taste good!