PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! My A7 is in!

Big Thumper
09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I just picked up my new Sako A7. Looks good ,feels great. I'm a fan of nice wood but this one will be strapping to my pack in the mountains. The 1/2" MOA guarantee will be put to the test. I'll get a scope on this week and get some loads next weekend. It wil be ready to go for Nov 1!

martinbns
09-28-2008, 07:37 PM
How about some pics?

Big Thumper
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I don't have my digital handy. (Its packed to go moose huntin') :)

I really not pluggin' Prophet River even though they are local here in Lloyd and I do know Clay a little bit. However, I'm not sure if he has pics on their site yet but I saw them on CGN:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261814&page=5

Try www.prophetriver.com too.

I've been getting a few things from them now. The A7 was my first order from them. WSS told me there were no A7's in Canada but PRF ordered one and had it here in about 8wks. Only bad thing I have to say is that going over there is getting my wallet thinned out nicely. ;)

munyee4321
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
how much that A7 cost ya? If you don't mind me asking.... looking into getting one for a while now.

Big Thumper
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Mine was $999 but it is a blued and standard calibre. Seems to me stainless and the WSMs might be a bit more? Still, a lot lighter and cheaper than the other Sakos. Mine's a .270 Win and I'll use it mostly in the mountains.

Matt L.
09-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Those are nice looking rifles. How long has Prophet River been around? I go to Lloyd several times a year and have never heard of them.

Big Thumper
09-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Those are nice looking rifles. How long has Prophet River been around? I go to Lloyd several times a year and have never heard of them.

I've known them for years but they were just importing then. They've only been retailing for a little less than a year, I think. Good guys to deal with and some really neat stuff I haven't seen elsewhere.

slipbobber
10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Just got my A7 today. Clay sent it to me Tuesday and was in Red Deer on Thursday. Seams nice and light. Sythetic stock seems a little to much like plastic . Don't think they used the same stocks on these as the ones on the more expensive rifles.