PDA

View Full Version : 2014 New Years Resolution / Goals

The Reel Deal
12-31-2013, 02:55 PM
obviously new PB's but more specifically...

30+# pike
10+# walleye
catch lakers with more consistency
get out to BC for some bass
catch a white fish
try fly fishing
catch a sturgeon - or at least get out and make an attempt!
10+# burb

:character0053:

WayneChristie
12-31-2013, 05:31 PM
dont think I can do better than 2013, so Im just going to shoot for having a good time fishing as often as I can. Would like to meet up with a certain 80 inch sturgeon Ive heard tell about though.

SCHOOCH
12-31-2013, 05:36 PM
No really goals but to have fun with my family and friends whenever i can............OH Ya and catch WC'S MOBY before he does!!!!!!!

Scott N
12-31-2013, 05:40 PM
For the most part I enjoy fishing as good therapy for myself, so I don't really have a lot of goals for this year. There are a few though....

- I have concentrated on fly fishing most of my life, and I have never caught a walleye. It's a fish I'd like to knock of my list.

- Sturgeon, another fish that I've never caught.

- Rainy Ridge Lake.... I've been up to Barnaby Ridge and caught a few goldens, but this is another Castle area lake I'd like to find and have some success.

- I caught my first lake trout last week at Spray Lakes, it would be fun to add a few more over the winter months.

fishermansfriend
12-31-2013, 05:49 PM
just fish as much as possible and to try and get way better at fly fishing...

not flip the boat at duck lake this year... hahaha

Off in the Bushes
12-31-2013, 07:10 PM
-Catch a sturgeon
-20+lbs pike of the fly
-Walleye on the fly
-Goldeye on the fly
-Catch a lake trout
-Catch a bulltrout on the fly
-Catch a brown trout on the fly
-Start building custom rods and handles for people
-Sell some flies

deanstroyer
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
catch a whitefish ... and release it!

DiabeticKripple
12-31-2013, 07:26 PM
catch more lakers, catch my first bull, grayling, sturgeon, goldeye and sauger.

J D
12-31-2013, 07:28 PM
Go fishing more

gor
12-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Blonde on a fly
Brunette on a fly

Jameson340
12-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't know.......might just continue to be a A-hole for 2014 as well. Hopefully I kill a ram

brobinson
01-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Blonde on a fly
Brunette on a fly

Just gotta attach the hook to the zipper. VERY CAREFULLY.

Hollingsworth
01-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Quit smoking & buying a boat

Lambo
01-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Catch a laker out of ghost

Lambo
01-01-2014, 10:07 AM
For the most part I enjoy fishing as good therapy for myself, so I don't really have a lot of goals for this year. There are a few though....

- I have concentrated on fly fishing most of my life, and I have never caught a walleye. It's a fish I'd like to knock of my list.

- Sturgeon, another fish that I've never caught.

- Rainy Ridge Lake.... I've been up to Barnaby Ridge and caught a few goldens, but this is another Castle area lake I'd like to find and have some success.

- I caught my first lake trout last week at Spray Lakes, it would be fun to add a few more over the winter months.

Scott: I will take you walleye fishing if you show me how to flyfish better.

Flieguy
01-01-2014, 10:43 AM

Go to Pine Coulee, go on a weekday. Dark streamers near the bottom and you'll be into walleye. Size doesn't matter much. Troll from a boat or float tube if you've got one, off the dock if not.

You can also hang a leach under an indicator off the dock

1bluZebec
01-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Catch a grayling, whitefish,12"+ perch. I would also like to venture out a lot further for lakes and I also need to catch 30#+chinook and a sturgeon over 7':sHa_shakeshout: can't wait for these trips.

Scott N
01-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Scott: I will take you walleye fishing if you show me how to flyfish better.

I'm not sure if I'm the greatest fly fisher and worthy of teaching anyone anything, but that would be a fair trade!

Bassett
01-01-2014, 07:19 PM
-15lb+ pike (hopefully through the ice)
-Catch more perch (so tastey)
-Catch a hardwater whitefish (for the first time)
-Catch a trout.. on the fly

Scott N
01-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Go to Pine Coulee, go on a weekday. Dark streamers near the bottom and you'll be into walleye. Size doesn't matter much. Troll from a boat or float tube if you've got one, off the dock if not.

You can also hang a leach under an indicator off the dock

This is on my "to do" list, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the tips about fishing it.

BeeGuy
01-01-2014, 07:22 PM
4lb+ mountain white

some success fishing from the edge in mexico would be nice

pinelakeperch
01-01-2014, 08:40 PM
For fishing, I'm aiming to:

Catch a 15 or 16in perch in Devils Lake

30in walleye in Alberta

40in pike in Alberta

Learn how to icefish for whitefish

Ken07AOVette
01-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Catch another dozen species in Hawaii,
Have caught humahumanukanukaapua'a, unicorn, reef trigger, Broomtail, Blue parrotfish, Needlefish, saddle wrasse, Sargent major

Fish another Hawaiian island other than Oahu,

Fish somewhere warm in the next month prior to Hawaii,

Beat my best Tyee 43lbs in June

skiwili
01-01-2014, 09:57 PM
Have more fun and enjoyable fishing time :sHa_shakeshout:

Iwantsfish
01-02-2014, 02:47 PM
My resolution is to catch a fish while fishing this year!

Once I get that out of the way my next resolution is to get a handle on my gear (lures). Figure out what I'm fishing for and what works and only take what makes sense for the trip. I'm a newbie so I tend to grab everything I own and then spend more than half my time fiddling with lures and equipment rather than having a line in the water.....leading back into my first resolutions lol.

The Reel Deal
01-02-2014, 04:59 PM
oh...
meet and fish with more AO members.