PDA

View Full Version : Gull Jan 1

fatboyz
01-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Who's out. Today? Slow so far!

muskokagould
01-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Gonna be bringing a 8x8 out today we built last night.
Be out just right of brownlows.

Built it right in the living room last night. Gf is super impressed. Lol

Sloughsharkjigger
01-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Did you drive on the ice?

fatboyz
01-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Yup drove out, left from Brownlows shanty town

Sloughsharkjigger
01-01-2014, 10:35 AM
A few of us are going tomorrow. Can you tell if anyone has driven to the point on the north side of Brownlows?

fatboyz
01-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Not sure where that is but at least 50-60 trucks east and west of the brownlow access. Haven't seen a fish yet

1bluZebec
01-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Surprising from one day to the next there. One day it's amazing the next it's just a nice trip no fish. I guess that's why we call it fishn hey?

Hunter Trav
01-01-2014, 04:50 PM
A few of us are going tomorrow. Can you tell if anyone has driven to the point on the north side of Brownlows?

Sledded to the point the other weekend, lots of pressure ridges up that way, and no one had driven a vehicle to it yet. I wouldn't recommend doing so either...

muskokagould
01-01-2014, 07:03 PM
couple people getting stuck on the way out of brownlows. ruts are deep and ice bottoms. car and an excursion got stuck.

thinking the guy in the excursion just needs to practice driving more. :test:
cause I was worried but didn't even spin a tire with 2wd sierra

easy to get on dicey getting off, just takes a bit of momentum. haha

SNAPFisher
01-02-2014, 02:49 AM

No one has driven past the point but I know 2 trucks that drove as far as it. This was the 29th and there is a lot of flood water and pressure cracks. A lot of snow on the ice causing the flooding for sure. The 2 families in the trucks ended up leaving after an hour because of the flooding. The 2 trucks were working hard to get back out.

Sloughsharkjigger
01-02-2014, 05:58 AM
No one has driven past the point but I know 2 trucks that drove as far as it. This was the 29th and there is a lot of flood water and pressure cracks. A lot of snow on the ice causing the flooding for sure. The 2 families in the trucks ended up leaving after an hour because of the flooding. The 2 trucks were working hard to get back out.

Thanks for the info Snap & Hunter.... sounds like we won't be working that spot.

JBEAU
01-02-2014, 08:03 AM
We drove out to the point North of Brownlows on the 29th....flood water in 1 or 2. Small spots on the way out....not large areas...got brand new rubber on my pickup...didn't get close to getting stuck but truck had to work to make it out there, didn't see any other trucks but we were done by 1:30

Was one other dude on a snowmobile there....saw lots of whites caught three
Did see one small pressure ridge further out in the lake but didn't have to go anywhere near it.....

No flood water at the point...prob 12" clear ice (not measured though)

Hope that helps