PDA

View Full Version : The Rusty P. Bucket 'Outhouse' Assault Rifle

Rusty P. Bucket
09-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Any black powder geeks here on the forum? I am kicking around a winter project that will keep me out of the bar (and jail) during the long winter months when the range is cold and uninviting and came across this gem:

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(5wobjn452vop0r55jryrjbmw))/categories/partDetail.aspx?catId=13&subId=77&styleId=296&partNum=ISAAC-HAINES-LONGRIFLE-FLINT-PARTS-LIST

Some of these builders are putting together some spectacular pieces. I have grown bored with the unmanly breech loading 'suppository rifles' with their dull, characterless lines and smokeless propellants and this seems just the medicine for the gun 'blahs'.

Have any of you fellers built such a gun?

Okotokian
09-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Nice. I have to admit I've never really understood the attraction of getting a muzzleloader that looks like a centerfire, loads "sorta" like a centerfire, and shoots "almost" as well as a centerfire. Just my impression, not slagging anyone. If I wanted to go that route, I'd go for something like this that gives you the full historical experience.

catnthehat
09-30-2008, 04:52 AM
I shoot muzzle loaders and used to build them as well as accessories as a small business.
They are fun, addictive, and very accurate if made well from good components.:)
they are ugly , cumbersome, and not very accurate at all if attention is not paid to details!:sick:

have fun, track of the Wolf is a great place to shop!
Cat