PDA

View Full Version : Advice on fishing line.

Big Sky
01-01-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm going to quit using monofilament line this year. My buddies say that it's about time I joined the 20th century!! :)
So, what do you guys suggest for line and why do you prefer it? Also, what type of knot do you use with your line?

Right now, I use 6# TrileneXL for jigging and 10# TrileneXL mono for casting spoons and cranks. I use the 10# TrileneXL for dragging around my bottom bouncer as well.
Thanks for your opinions.

Kokanee9
01-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Your moving into the 20th century and I'm moving backwards.

I have been using braided line for the last couple years and have seriously been considering going back to trilene mono. I like the strength with a small diameter in braided line, but prefer mono when I'm casting.

BeeGuy
01-01-2014, 08:35 PM
I use powerpro usually with mono or flouro for leaders.

Works for me

Gust
01-01-2014, 08:39 PM
My name is Gust and I decided to go backwards too.

Mono for me.

However, go buy some other lines, try the Power Pro like Beedude suggested and also try a nice fluoro like P-Line, or a blend. Others will give tips on knots and such.

muskokagould
01-01-2014, 08:41 PM
both have their places and advantages. I'll always use mono for trout I may be wrong but the bit of stretch helps on the fast hard runs, so they don't pop your line. drag set?...I know I know but still prefer mono for brooks and bows.