PDA

View Full Version : Garbage on the Ice and Shacks!!!

Mudder Man
01-02-2014, 04:06 AM
Is it the low IQ or the I just done give a Sh*t factor that people have these days. I cant believe the amount of Garbage I pick up on Gull lake anymore. And the CIGARETTE Butts that are laying at so many spots where people fish. Smokers must feel it is their God Given right to share their Smoke with all of us and have the right to Litter anywhere they want too. Geesh come on people lets take care of what we have before we don't have it no more!!!

As well who gives you the right to go into anyone's Shack and make a FRIGGING mess when the person is not there? Its not your property so that means stay the F$*@k out Moron. The next guy I catch in my shack really is not going to like me I will tell you that. Build or buy your own and play by the rules of ethics that most of us do.

Enough of a rant but that is just how my 2014 started off.

Play safe everyone and the best in 2014

MM

gopher67
01-02-2014, 06:51 AM
The last time i was at gull it looked like a garbage dump that how much garbage was left on the ice it was a disgrace a lot of fellow fishing people don't care

Bassett
01-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Wabamun parking lot and the ice isn't much better.

StrayArc
01-02-2014, 07:43 AM
Pretty sad, My five year old knows better! Always bring a bag for our own garbage but usually end up picking up other peoples sh!t.

trophyboy
01-02-2014, 07:51 AM
It's truly disgraceful how people treat our environment. Nothing makes me more angry than cancer sticks getting tossed in the water and garbage scattered everywhere. People are unbelievable and getting worse all the time. We have far to many people on the planet!

jacenbeers
01-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I have stopped going to Pine Coulee because of this exact problem. It is disgusting what some people think is OK.

deanstroyer
01-02-2014, 08:48 AM
ive been in Alberta for a year now, and I believe it is one of the most beautiful provinces in Canada, however it seems many residents are doing their best to destroy it, the litter the garbage and overall destruction sickens me. the problem is the entitled attitude , with lack of appreciation for mother nature and feeling like someone else should be responsible for cleaning up the mess or repairing the damage

Zanzibar
01-02-2014, 09:23 AM
All of the garbage and butts are one thing, I'm surprised that we're still allowed to drive on the lakes, when you see all the crap that drips and falls off a vehicle after it sits on a patch of clean snow for a while.

kevinhits
01-02-2014, 10:15 AM
All of the garbage and butts are one thing, I'm surprised that we're still allowed to drive on the lakes, when you see all the crap that drips and falls off a vehicle after it sits on a patch of clean snow for a while.

What about boats all summer long spewing oil and gas into the lakes?

Should we ban boats on lakes as well?

pikeslayer22
01-02-2014, 10:16 AM
X2 on Gull it sure seems to attract the low life's that cannot pick up after themselves! Up the littering fines to 1000 and see if that helps

linger
01-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I couldn't agree more guys. it seems what us real fisherman all included on this post lol look after our litter. while which I like to call weekend fisherman. a lot of them don't know much about the sport.???? feel its ok to throw there s***T around. sure isn't like it used to be you would clean up after yourself:angry3:

retten
01-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Ya, there are all kinds of slobs in this world, i have picked up bags of garbage from the ice on gull, slave river, wabamun, snipe, seems every where you go the slobs have been.

Maybe time to start getting plate numbers, seems the biggest culprits are the groups of **** tanks hammered making to much noise and throwing crap every where, their parents must be proud.

conan
01-02-2014, 10:39 AM
All of you seem like you really care which is great to see. If I see anyone packing up and leaving a mess I would be the first to get into their face and I hope the rest of you would do the same.
Since I am awesome and limit out before everyone else I don't get a chance to see these guys so I will have to count on the rest of you! Lol

Lupincaster
01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
I drive a long way to go fishing where it's not very popular and usually very clean.
The closer to the city limits brings more junkheads.
You can't fix it.
Just avoid it.
I smoke....and I carry a flip up ashtray when fishing anywhere. I take out what I bring in. But sometimes I bring out more than I brought in....a fish to eat :)

Redfrog
01-02-2014, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure I see the point of threads like this. Read the replies. Apparently none of these posters are guilty, and a lot of them clean up the mess left by others, so how does a rant help.

Wouldn't it be more productive to take some pics of the mess and the jerks and report them, and then pot the pics here so more people can watch for them. Getting busted a few times may get the message to the dolts. I doubt these threads will.

kevinhits
01-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I smoke and am guilty of butts on the ice....Going forward, I am going to dispose of my butts properly...

If it is any concelation, I never leave garbage any where I go and pick up other garbage left

conan
01-02-2014, 01:50 PM
I smoke and am guilty of butts on the ice....Going forward, I am going to dispose of my butts properly...

If it is any concelation, I never leave garbage any where I go and pick up other garbage left

Good on ya man!

Zanzibar
01-02-2014, 02:17 PM

Sorry pal, I wasn't talking about all of your lakes, just the ones I drive past when I'm hugging trees and saving whales.:thinking-006:

58thecat
01-02-2014, 02:23 PM

Yep pick up the butts too and all is good. Litter is litter and what is with this going into someone's ice hut? Respect the environment and peoples property is all that is asked...maybe it's too much!

58thecat
01-02-2014, 02:28 PM

No we can be more responsible and put boats on the lake that don't spew oil as in the 60's or earlier. Just gotta be more conscious of our actions, a little goes a long long way. We are all guilty to some degree of contaminating lakes etc but if we start doing a little better job we wouldn't have so much crap on our lakes, lake shores and for the most part people will follow this way of thinking.

Ken07AOVette
01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
The miserable old you know what in the shack next to me leaves crap all over too, fish guts and heads on the ice. Real smart.

Op- you don't lock your shack? If you lock it do they bust in?

Mudder Man
01-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Indeed the Photos may be the trick! My buddy did snap some the other day of the mess that some Asian fella's left behind and as well as some of our good old Alberta Low IQ people left behind. The same bunch rolled in where we were the next day and needless to say he gave them all a earful. Hence they elected not to fish near us....hahaha in your face!

I will send him this post and maybe he will post them.

And about the lock on the shack, that only keeps Honest people out. Just leave peoples things alone is all.

MM

Bassett
01-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Wouldn't it be more productive to take some pics of the mess and the jerks and report them, and then pot the pics here so more people can watch for them. Getting busted a few times may get the message to the dolts. I doubt these threads will.

Then the ethics police and privacy law enforcers would be on your back for postin pictures without permission, it's his thread let it be don't be the one to derail it :)

skidderman
01-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Your worried about that? What about all of the unseen pesticides and herbicides that end up in lakes. Its what I don't see that scares me.

Redfrog
01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
Then the ethics police and privacy law enforcers would be on your back for postin pictures without permission, it's his thread let it be don't be the one to derail it :)

Ah I see what you did there. It's a derail because I suggested a positive course of action to try to help a crappy situation, instead of talking about pesticides in the water. Thank you.

Nelly
01-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Hey Mudder Man, what a start to X-mas morning eh? I didn't get the pictures of those clowns but I've had the camera ready ever since. I don't get it, pick up your crap! Enjoy being out and have fun but, leave the in the same or better shape than you found it. You packed it in, you pack it out!

Adwittoutdoors
01-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Some peoples children !!!!! Well this thread inspired me to bring a garbage bag and spend a little time after a good day of fishing cleaning other peoples crap up. Time to give back to Mother Nature. Unfortunately a lot of people are chit heads. We have to lead by example. Sorry about your start to 2014. Thank God I quit smoking 😜

1bluZebec
01-02-2014, 07:53 PM
I always see it too and get totally bummed thinking about how people just don't give a crap too. Especially at the NSR. We always end up filling the bag we bring our bait in and then some almost everytime we go. Sometimes I'll poke a stick diagonally out of shore or bank and hang a bag on it encouraging someone to use it and sometimes I come back and it's gone or has garbage in it and then I take it and throw it away. :confused: try to teach my boy the same and show him what's happening. Wish other parents would do the same so that their kids too can enjoy the fishing opera unities we all have:mad0100:

Gust
01-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Mudder Man was the very first AO member I ever met, awesome fellow (I'll PM you later to jog your memory).

Anyhoo, hit the ice today and came across a pile of communal crap and wipes. One would figure they could have drilled a half-hole and crapped in that then shovelled it full of snow or -low & behold - walked a literal 15 feet, sat comfortably between two rocks and let drop.

Because it was very close to my fishing hole, I covered the pile with snow. Sadly, the Chinook turned this into a river of poo-stain, so I moved.

fulltime pops
01-02-2014, 10:26 PM
My opinion is fish & wildlife need to set rules and laws for these shacks some are left on lakes when ice starts to melt and fall through when spring hits...it's just a opinion ; I don't think it will ever happen.

KevGuy
01-02-2014, 10:28 PM
What about the people who deficate on the ice?

Mudder Man
01-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Kevguy

What we do is take a 2 Gallon Pail for the Girlfriend to Pee in, if a #2 has too be done the we put a Safeway Bag in the pail and take it home with us. If I don't have the pail I use my Shovel to pick it up and Doggy Bag it and then take it to the Garbage when I get home. Of course everyone carry's a Shovel right....NOTTT. Cant believe how many times people have borrowed mine out on the lake, or when stuck. I never leave home without a few Shovels in the truck myself.

Carry Shovels, Pails and Grocery Bags people. They always come in handy!

MM

kevinhits
01-03-2014, 03:41 PM
I take my #2 first thing in the morning before I head out fishing...Never had the urge to do it while fishing

Good till I get home or next AM..lol

Winch101
01-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Firstly it's the Y generation who are the worse litterers ....see whose throwing
Garbage out the car window on the deer foot ......So I would be surprised
If the ice crappers and garbage leavers are over 25 ,and usually drugs
And alcohol are involved ...again not sportsman....environmental
Poachers ....

Mudder Man
01-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Here we go again

Kevin Hits I congratulate you on being so regular, that is nice to know. Winch 101 I would like you know that both of my children were born in that era and they would not so much as drop a Toothpick on the ground as that is the way I brought them up. I would have to say the most part is the up bringing and what has been instilled them from day one. I guess I have to point most of the people follow the Mentors that they have had!!!

With that said I think that with todays knowledge of the environment and the world that more people would get onboard. Geesh I grew up in the 60's and 70's and we knew better back then, then most do now! Come on people let's teach people and children better so our future people of this planet can see life how we have lived it.

Ok enough rant as I am heading to the lake in the morning for some tranquility.

MM

KevGuy
01-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I was on the ice a few days ago.....the Clearwater River. I admit, I took a leak on the ice.

fishinmatt
01-04-2014, 09:10 AM
Make sure you ask people to pick up their garbage next time you see them littering. Many people don't even think about what they are doing and and will kindly pick it up.

BeeGuy
01-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Firstly it's the Y generation who are the worse litterers ....see whose throwing
Garbage out the car window on the deer foot ......So I would be surprised
If the ice crappers and garbage leavers are over 25 ,and usually drugs
And alcohol are involved ...again not sportsman....environmental
Poachers ....

What a bunch of nonsense. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjj6H9JwuEY)

kritz
01-04-2014, 12:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i posted this on another post, but it needs to be said again!

was on the lake today (Thursday) enjoying a beautiful day catching perch , a group shows up , unload a couple of new tents , a new auger, and a bunch of other new stuff , when they left, they left a pile of garbage ( tent boxes , auger box, and a ton of other garbage )
It is nice to see real Alberta sportsman, ( sarcastic)
what a bunch of Asses !!!!!!!!
I loaded and took it to the garbage bin by the cookshack 1/2 mile away!!!!! ( which they had to drive past to get on the lake, there is a big green garbage bin right next to the road on the lake !):sign0176:

Mudder Man
01-04-2014, 06:19 PM
So I went to Gull this morning and put my Tire Chains on and was waiting for my Buddy from Rocky to arrive. Whilst I was there another fellow that knows me told me that some people in a white Dodge Truck were using my Shack yesterday again. Written right on the door STAY OUT!!! Guess people cant read although they did not leave a mess in it like the previous people that used it did. Lots of Blood outside so that tells me they did catch fish or did stick a Hook in there finger. Maybe one of them punched the other the nose, one could only hope....:)

So after all that a couple of young fella's pull up from Penhold. They had a tire issue and asked if I knew if there was a tire shop in Bentley. I told them I did not think so and the closet one was in Lacombe as far as I knew. I told him that I have a Tire Pump and we can see if it will take air. We did manage to get the tire pumped up but it appeared there was more troubles to the Valve Stem or maybe he had picked up some. Made the suggestion that in -35C wind chills he doesn't mess around and head back to LA and get his tire fixed and then come back out for some fun. He agreed and at that time my buddy rolled up from Rocky.

Well we decided to take 2 vehicles out as we were headed out quite some distance. He has a winch and I had my chains on so we were good to go. Just shortly after us getting going down the Lake north in Brownlows we spotted a Propane Tank and quit a bit of garbage to our left. Note taken as too where it was and we headed out to our Spot and fished. We both limited out on our Whites and Perch and by 3:30 ish we rolled back to the south. With the winds that we had today and the Drifting it took a bit of chewing to get back off the lake. I told my buddy that I was picking up that Tank and Garbage if they were still there. He told me they would have been picked up by now and I said well I should hope so.

To cut a long story short they were still there. A full 20lber and Red Bull and Beer Cans. The cardboard boxes and plastic bags from there maggots. Guess I faired out on top as I now have a new full tank of Propane and more money to collect at the bottle Depot.

The thing that really gets me as many - many people drove by this all day as they were leaving the lake and nobody had the Kahuna's to stop and pick it up.

I guess a bit more of a rant.

MM