PDA

View Full Version : My complaint on fishing tackle companies!

Kokanee9
01-03-2014, 10:44 AM
I really wish that the tackle companies would stop using those little cellophane packaging bags and instead use the small re-sealable bags.

I'm talking about the little packages of terminal tackle like swivels, snap locks, crimps, etc. Once they are open just a bit, they have a habit of opening the rest of the way and emptying out.

I'm tired of opening up a package and several trips later the bag is empty and all the little pieces are scattered and mixed up with other sizes inside the tackle box.

That is all, carry on.

EZM
01-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I feel your pain ........ I started using a small multi compartment plano for my swivels, snap swivels, beads, rings, etc.... works great to keep stuff organized and in order without the hassle of that silly packaging.

Kokanee9
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I feel your pain ........ I started using a small multi compartment plano for my swivels, snap swivels, beads, rings, etc.... works great to keep stuff organized and in order without the hassle of that silly packaging.

I had to start doing that also. I like the companies that have a small piece of stiff paper in the package with the size written on it. I cut that piece down to size and put it in the compartment with the contents of the package.

dragon
01-03-2014, 10:59 AM
plus when you use all the tackle you can re-use the bags for other things!

:bad_boys_20:

I am assuming you like the little baggies over the rigid plastic containers.

deanstroyer
01-03-2014, 11:08 AM
the little baggies are great for keeping you jig bodies or whatever you call em separated so the colours dont run together

kevinhits
01-03-2014, 11:50 AM
I had to start doing that also. I like the companies that have a small piece of stiff paper in the package with the size written on it. I cut that piece down to size and put it in the compartment with the contents of the package.

I bought a second tackle box with a 2 seperate plastic boxes that pull out with little compartments. This has helped immensiouly keeping everything organized. I keep one compartment for trout fishing on creeks with nymphs, little mosquito spray, spit shots, small lures, etc... and fits into my back pack hiking into tough spots...Very light and you have all you need..lol

cube
01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
I really wish that the tackle companies would stop using those little cellophane packaging bags and instead use the small re-sealable bags.

I'm talking about the little packages of terminal tackle like swivels, snap locks, crimps, etc. Once they are open just a bit, they have a habit of opening the rest of the way and emptying out.

I'm tired of opening up a package and several trips later the bag is empty and all the little pieces are scattered and mixed up with other sizes inside the tackle box.

That is all, carry on.

I have a multi compartment system but still use the little zip lock bags. I also cut down the info paper and put them in the bag. I used to scavenge for the little bags until my wife told me I could buy them at Michaels’ for $2.75. I now have a plethora of little zip locks.

Kokanee9
01-03-2014, 02:45 PM
I had no idea where to get those little bags. Their one of those items that you always forget about when your looking around in the stores.

Thanks.

Redfrog
01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
|I like pill bottles with the package tag cut to fit.

cube
01-03-2014, 03:03 PM
I have a multi compartment system but still use the little zip lock bags. I also cut down the info paper and put them in the bag. I used to scavenge for the little bags until my wife told me I could buy them at Michaels’ for $2.75. I now have a plethora of little zip locks.

I should have mentioned you can get 2 or 3 diffferent sizes and I if I recall you get a hundred for the price, so there cheap.