PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Fraser Guide?

The Fisherman Guy
01-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Yes, this is an Alberta forum - but like most Albertans, many of us travel far and wide to experience the terrific hunting and fishing opportunities in neighboring markets. With positive stories pouring in from AOF members about several AO Sponsor guide groups, of which break the mold and deliver outstanding service - I would like to add my review of a team which has impressed me with the quality of their guiding services.

I dropped a line into the Fraser river for the first time many years ago, not knowing that I would return to that river system year after year to experience the incredible power of White Sturgeon.

Over the years, our crew has fished with several guide groups and boats out there. I thought a helpful review of one of the most experienced guides in the Fraser valley would help those looking to make the trip West in the months to come.

http://fishingthefraser.com/

Chad McAdie has lived in the Fraser valley for most of his life, fishing and golfing among some of the most spectacular scenery of the Lower Mainland. He has professionally guided in the Fraser valley for 15 years, with an impressive record in the White Sturgeon tagging program.

Growing up fishing, and making a living as a fishing guide isn't easy or simple. However, Chad makes it look easy. If you are looking for an experienced, educated guide who makes his clientele his top priority - you have found the guide. I have never fished with a guide who worked so diligently, while being laid back and a pleasure to fish with as Chad McAdie. Our crew has had beginner anglers, and experienced anglers on the same trip. The experience for both was the same, we all have a great time and are very comfortable catching White Sturgeon 3,4,5,6,7 feet long, and longer. Chad's team also offers Salmon trips during the Salmon runs on the Fraser and it's tributaries. Want to get off the bank, and into the action? - How about you fish with a team who spends every day following the fish?

Check out http://fishingthefraser.com/ the rates are competitive, but the experience cannot be surpassed. We are booking with Chad for another consecutive year for our annual White Sturgeon trip, maybe we'll see you out there and can compare pictures!

Long story short; we have had a few bad experiences with lackluster guides in the Fraser Valley. The popular BC attitude toward Albertans, treating us like we are meat heads with too much money. We even had a guide who told us no pictures - presumably because he didn't want pictures of the tiny fish (the only fish he got us on). Take a trip with Chad's team, you will not be disappointed!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/552544_10151454837470271_232407616_n.jpg

J D
01-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately because it is not that hard to catch sturgeon once you learn the basics and the increase in popularity with these fish there are a lot of guys who jumped on the river to guide.

No lack of wannabe guides on the Fraser sorry to hear you booked trips with a few before you found a guide that gave you a good experience

Don't know Chad personally but from what I have heard he is one of a handful of good guides on the river. Sad to say there is more poor guides than good ones on the Fraser