PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody fished on the Red Deer River around Drumheller recently?

HappySonny
09-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Has anybody fished on the Red Deer River around Drumheller recently? Didn't get a bite from 7 to 11 AM today:( There were ton of goldeyes one month ago. They are suddenly disappeared. Any idea? Anybody?
:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks in Advance!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
09-29-2008, 08:48 PM
The goldeye I think have moved on . About 4 to 6 weeks ago we were catching them like hot fire down at the North sask river and now its walleye and sturgeon.

Jigger
09-29-2008, 09:45 PM

Jigger
09-29-2008, 09:47 PM
The goldeye I think have moved on . About 4 to 6 weeks ago we were catching them like hot fire down at the North sask river and now its walleye and sturgeon.

Not quite yet bbj was out tonight and the goldeye were still rising for different bugs, didnt catch any but i did hook into a huge walleye, man i love this river.....happysonny try a orange or yellow jig thats all i use and the big wally's love em', and if all else fails try worms. Its prime time right now for the walleyes here in town. good luck

Sir. Kenneth
09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Im headed out to the drumheller area Thursday myself. was wondering where there are some decent holes? what sort of gear etc... should i be using?

Mulestalker
09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Haven't seen a fish caught for years...oh...wait...I did see a tiny Walleye caught back in 05...:lol::lol::lol:...heading out tonight to giver a whirl...who knows...may snag a little one..:D

dodger
09-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I fished the Red Deer East of Drum on Sunday evening. I used 2 packages of Gulp minnows with lots of 12" Walleye and some hammer handles. There was a lot of hits that took the tails off the minnows. I had one good fight but never seen what was on.
Dodger.

HappySonny
10-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks a lot for your prompt responses! :wave:

moosehunter3-0
10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
unless the regs are different in different areas its probally not smart to advertise using bait in the red deer...

TundraBuck
10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
unless the regs are different in different areas its probally not smart to advertise using bait in the red deer...

Bait is clear downstream of the Tolman Bridge. Next time refer to the regs before posting.

On the flip side, how do you guys do for legal walleye? Any to be found just around the legal mark?

dodger
10-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks TundraBuck, I was wondering when they taught me to read 45 years ago that maybe things have changed and I would have to go back to school.:cry::cry: Man that would cut into my fishing time.
Dodger.

packhuntr
10-02-2008, 12:46 PM
There are some BIG walleye to be had right now. I grew up chasing them on that river, and have fished alot of the holes in that Drum area. We caught some rockers, thats for sure. Have fun boys. Shes crazy when they're runnin!!!