PDA

View Full Version : Buying for the wife

Hoochie Papa
09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Wifey found the shotgun she wants. Problem is, it's only in the US, and I think is only made for Gander Mountain. They don't ship to Canada.
Is there any way of getting it up here?

It is a Remington 870 Express Jr. The hitch is that it's pink. I tried to look on the Remington site, but as far as I can tell, you have to go through a dealer.

Would a Canadian supplier be able to order it for me? I'm REALLY green on guns, so bear with me.

Thanks

munyee4321
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
wholesale in Lethbridge has a pink 870express

FallAirFever
09-30-2008, 01:27 PM
HP,
I was just at Wholesale here in Calgary. No luck on a pink remi shotgun. There was a pink mossberg.
If there is one in Lethbridge I am heading down there this weekend to visit the outlaws.
Another place to check would be Bashaw Sports in Bashaw, they might be able to bring one in for you. Might be worth a call!

Your a lucky man my wife leaves the room when I bring out my guns to clean them, I have invited her to the range a bunch to try and educate some of the fear out of her but no luck.

Good luck in your search for a gun!

Hoochie Papa
09-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks Derek, but the one she wants is ONLY available at Gander Mountain. I was in WS today too, and the pink one they have there is horrid!!

I got a plan I'm working on to get one up here.

TBark
09-30-2008, 08:19 PM
My wife wants a pink gun too,
It could be a pink enfield 303 for all she cares LOL.
thought she'd be happy with the Rem 700 SPS youth in 7-08 left bolt,
but it's black, sheeesh !

TBark

phil67m
10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm gettin' my wife a 20 gauge semi. Not sure what flavour. I'm thinking one of these new Weatherbys, or (of course) a Browning.

AB2506
10-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Find out how you buy a gun in the States. My friend just had his friend buy a Benelli SBEII from the store. His friend then made out a bill of sale to him with serial number etc. My friend then called the RCMP and pre registered the gun. Once the registration arrived, my friend visited his friend in the States, picked up the gun and returned to Canada with no troubles other than the usual fees that are incurred at the border.

Hoochie Papa
10-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Best lead I have so far is my cross-shift at work has some hunters coming up from the US. (Mossy Oak hunting team doing another video)

I asked if one of them could purchase the gun down there,and bring it up. Then I would buy it from him, and do all the required registration paperwork.

Does this sound like it could work or am I missing some info?

Thanks