PDA

View Full Version : Nakamun Lake

Reaume
01-04-2014, 11:42 PM
hey, just wondering if anyone has been out at Nakamun Lake? wondering if anyone is catching anything, was going to head there on Saturday but i keep reading there isn't many fish left, can someone confirm this? and also where everyone is going and getting some good results, Thanks

linger
01-05-2014, 12:53 PM
what I have heard no one is catching any perch

GregT
01-05-2014, 01:57 PM
i have heard nothing good thus far, spent some time in early dec with no luck and there hasn't been too many people out on the lake either. (i drive around the lake every once in a while). locals have said it was winterkilled. never hurts to take a rip out and toss a line in the water for a couple hours, you may get lucky.

Reaume
01-05-2014, 02:47 PM
well this doesn't sound like a good place to go

bushcrafter
01-05-2014, 03:09 PM
It definitely winter killed last year.

HunterDave
01-05-2014, 03:23 PM
It definitely winter killed last year.

It winter kills every year but only partially. I haven't had a chance to head out there but I doubt that it would totally die off. There was a local fella on here awhile back that said he was catching perch there this summer. There was another thread that someone said they caught a few small perch out from the launch but it was very slow.

The only way to find out for sure is to go there and fish it and talk to the folks that are there all of the time. I find that people that go to lakes one afternoon and don't catch something, immediately point to winter kill as the reason for it. I wish that I had the time to head out there on my sled to find out for myself.

Reaume
01-05-2014, 04:47 PM
well we might head out there but not for sure, any other lakes that people seem to be having some good luck ? not looking for peoples secrets and hot spots but just some hint hints around Edmonton if you know what i mean