PDA

View Full Version : Little Bow

Smitty83
01-05-2014, 02:00 PM
Hey Guys, I'm going to be taking my little nephew out to Little Bow on saturday, just wondering if anybody has fished there lately? Maybe some of you have a few pointers on bait/jigs etc....

Thanks, Smitty

MoFugger21
01-05-2014, 02:23 PM
If you're thinking Little Bow Reservoir, I've been told not to bother. They more or less drained it in order to complete some work on the dam. If you're thinking Travers Reservoir near Little Bow Provincial Park, smelt, minnow with a jig, etc. Haven't fished down there this year, but it's been slow for us elsewhere on Travers. Good luck!

Going fishing
01-05-2014, 02:27 PM
I think it's still drained from them working on the dam don't no forsure but it was drained still last month.

Smitty83
01-05-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the heads-up guys! any areas down in that area you would recommend besides little bow? Clear Lake maybe?

Going fishing
01-05-2014, 03:52 PM
I would go to travers u can catch a variety of species there just out front of the boat launch bye the docks good luck.

Smitty83
01-05-2014, 03:59 PM
I would go to travers u can catch a variety of species there just out front of the boat launch bye the docks good luck.

Thanks for the Help!

bubba 96
01-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the heads-up guys! any areas down in that area you would recommend besides little bow? Clear Lake maybe?

That or pine coulée for the little guy Wally's are c and r but also has pike and burbs, got by the boat launch with jigs and minnows and the nephew should do well.

Smitty83
01-05-2014, 04:23 PM
That or pine coulée for the little guy Wally's are c and r but also has pike and burbs, got by the boat launch with jigs and minnows and the nephew should do well.

Great thanks!

the local angler
01-05-2014, 05:49 PM
if you decide to hit the boat launch at travers be extremely careful going down the hill, i was there two days ago and that entire road was a big sheet of ice. going down was hairy at times as my 1 ton 4x4 started to slide sideways, coming up wasnt that bad.

buckman
01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
I heard they refilled it at the beginning of December.

Not certain of this tough.

bubba 96
01-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Great thanks!

Not a prob man, make sure to use four holes, helps the odds
Usually a couple tip ups as well

lovich12
01-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I heard they refilled it at the beginning of December.

Not certain of this tough.

That would be false. Had a buddy go there between Christmas and New Years and he said it was still drained. I'm willing to bet they won't refill it till after march 15th or later

Pike fisher
01-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Fished Little Bow with the boys last Tuesday. Had to walk out quite a ways to find deep enough water (don't drive because there is a wide ice heave with very poor ice).

Caught some small pike that were good size for the little guys.

RHJ
01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
I must be confused.. I thought little bow and traverse were the same thing? I camp and fish little bow every year in the summer.. where is traverse in relation to this? Are they not the same rest? If not how do I get to Traverse from Calgary?

Flieguy
01-05-2014, 10:02 PM
I must be confused.. I thought little bow and traverse were the same thing? I camp and fish little bow every year in the summer.. where is traverse in relation to this? Are they not the same rest? If not how do I get to Traverse from Calgary?

Little bow Provincial Park is on Traver's reservoir.

Little bow res is nearby.

lovich12
01-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Little bow res (also known as Williams to the locals) is on the south east end of Travers. Travers fills/flows into the Little bow res.

RHJ
01-24-2014, 11:50 PM
So can a guy access from little bow provincial park? Or where would you recommend to access Travers?