PDA

View Full Version : chip lake

rick1
01-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Im looking at buying property around chip lake. Im going to need someone with a bulldozer to make a pad for a mobile home. Could anyone also tell me how deep is chip lake?

Rick

crownb
01-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Im looking at buying property around chip lake. Im going to need someone with a bulldozer to make a pad for a mobile home. Could anyone also tell me how deep is chip lake?

Rick

It is basically a muskeg, you can't navigate with a boat unless you know where to go, most places are 3-5 feet, when we ice fish there is usually 3 feet of ice and 2 feet of water.

Drewski Canuck
01-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Some years ago there was a 1/4 section with 1000 feet of beach on Chip Lake, only ever listed in the winter.

It was a peninsula, which when thawed, was goose grease. But it WAS CHEAP!!!

Just saying, if its lake front on Chip, it goes a long way back from shore in places, and its not good for much. Now if its bordering Crown land, I would be interested.

Drewski

wellpastcold
01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
As the previous responses indicate, Chip is not one of Alberta's postcard lakes. That is not necessarily a bad thing. There are plenty of fish in Chip even though it is rarely over 6 feet deep. There are a couple of deeper spots but it is not much for high powered boats and water sports. The ice fishing on it can be very good for eater sized pike and burbot. Good luck, hope it turns out well for you.

curtis_rak
01-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Ive had my boat out at CHip last summer. Most of the lake is 5-7' deep and there are lots of spots that are about 12'. But you wont see anything more than 15' most likely.

Looper
01-07-2014, 02:03 PM
The world record non-typical Muley is from there. Thats cool.

Looper

Tater 1
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I have been out hunting and fishing in the wildwood area for close to 20 year now. Great area the lake has great fish in the winter for pike or brubs . Never try in the spring. There are lots of people with equipment out there . Go to the local coffee spot and ask around .

wideload
01-12-2014, 06:21 AM
I live near chip and you can water ski there until end of june to end of first week in july then it gets very weedy and you cant get around very well canoe only fishing is ok but only seen two guys fish there this winter I was on lake last week and lots of flood water on ice is only 8" thick sled only and I do have a small dozer for rent