PDA

View Full Version : Perch fishing! Looking for perch lakes

Braybray
01-07-2014, 03:16 PM
Looking for a good perch lake close to Edmonton, closer to the city the better. Am willing to make a lil drive however.
Also if u know a good place to catch pike close to Edmonton let me know!
Gunna get out and do a lil icefishing in a few days for just a few hours. Thx guys

Redfrog
01-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Looking for a good perch lake close to Edmonton, closer to the city the better. Am willing to make a lil drive however.
Also if u know a good place to catch pike close to Edmonton let me know!
Gunna get out and do a lil icefishing in a few days for just a few hours. Thx guys

Can't help with the perch or pike, but there are some good walleye lakes around. Just do a search, on any lake you want to try.

Rennich98
01-07-2014, 03:29 PM
For any where around Edmonton I recommend either wabamun or lac ste Anne for pike and walleye

Braybray
01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Does wabaman lake have perch? Have u fished there much? It's not to far west of Edmonton, I was considering going there. Thx
Do u know any access points, or what side of the lake u can fish on/walk to?

pickrel pat
01-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Does wabaman lake have perch? Have u fished there much? It's not to far west of Edmonton, I was considering going there. Thx
Do u know any access points, or what side of the lake u can fish on/walk to?

big pike, stunted perch, lots of access.

muskokagould
01-07-2014, 04:52 PM
big pike, stunted perch, lots of access.

C&R

Rennich98
01-07-2014, 05:25 PM
Dead stick smelts just off the bottom or use bright chartreuse jigs...most people either go just out from the town launch but there's blots of guys that go to fallis just down the road...fish around 10-15 fow and ur set

pickrel pat
01-07-2014, 05:34 PM
C&R

Yes.

Rdamours
01-07-2014, 06:09 PM
See if anyone has tried Coal lake by Beaumont. It used to be excellent for 13 inch perch.

338Bluff
01-07-2014, 06:15 PM
See if anyone has tried Coal lake by Beaumont. It used to be excellent for 13 inch perch.

Nope. Not for many, many, many years.

338Bluff
01-07-2014, 06:25 PM
So far this is the most polite "where should I fish thread". If any new comers are looking for anything under an hour (for perch) you are going to be disappointed. A little further out you may have some luck.

The best known perch lakes are Cross, Mons, Moose, Manatokan, Gull (limit is 5), South Buck (limit is 5), and maybe Nakamun (partial winterkill) or Fork (low water levels). Everyone knows about these lakes and you can expect to see crowds. Some days you will catch dozens of tiny perch, others you may put together a decent meal. Don't expect to limit on slabs at any of these lakes.

I have given up what is free knowledge at any tackle shop. There are 5 times that number of lakes that will produce limits of good sized perch, but no one here (including me) is going to give that up. Get a copy of the regs, the fishing guide, and buy a lot of gas like everyone else does.

quiteeye
01-08-2014, 12:30 AM
So far this is the most polite "where should I fish thread". If any new comers are looking for anything under an hour (for perch) you are going to be disappointed. A little further out you may have some luck.

The best known perch lakes are Cross, Mons, Moose, Manatokan, Gull (limit is 5), South Buck (limit is 5), and maybe Nakamun (partial winterkill) or Fork (low water levels). Everyone knows about these lakes and you can expect to see crowds. Some days you will catch dozens of tiny perch, others you may put together a decent meal. Don't expect to limit on slabs at any of these lakes.

I have given up what is free knowledge at any tackle shop. There are 5 times that number of lakes that will produce limits of good sized perch, but no one here (including me) is going to give that up. Get a copy of the regs, the fishing guide, and buy a lot of gas like everyone else does.
Ya damn why gas gotta be some damn expensive!

Rennich98
01-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Pm me my phones not letting me do it