PDA

View Full Version : Moose Lake?

Double-Eh
01-10-2014, 06:35 AM
On my next set of days off I'm planning a day trip with my brother. We're thinking of hitting moose lake as I have heard positive things about it over past summers. Has anyone been out there? Is it worth the trip? It will be my fourth ice trip of all time and I'm currently 0 for 3 with no nibbles :(

Any fishing or ice reports out there? Thanks in advance.

1899b
01-10-2014, 06:37 AM
On my next set of days off I'm planning a day trip with my brother. We're thinking of hitting moose lake as I have heard positive things about it over past summers. Has anyone been out there? Is it worth the trip? It will be my fourth ice trip of all time and I'm currently 0 for 3 with no nibbles :(

Any fishing or ice reports out there? Thanks in advance.

Moose lake by Bonnyville? if so, its always been a decent walleye and perch producer. Lots of pike as well....

TylerThomson
01-10-2014, 10:25 AM
If you just want action moose is the place to go but don't expect a trophy out of there. lots of walleye in the 3 to 6lb range lots of pike perch if you can find them. If your are just looking for an easy day off fishing head out to deadman point. If you need directions pm me. drive till you see where everyone else it's fishing and there will be a tree. If you are looking at that tree and shore the left side will be shallow and good for pike and the right side deeper and good for walleye. For walleye fish a thumper jig with a minnow on it. A thumper jig is a jig head with a spinning blade on the bottom. If the bite it's on plastics work great to I've had good luck with triggerx this year.