PDA

View Full Version : Navionics for Blackberry ???

EZM
01-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Anyone know if there is a Navionics App for Blackberry?

I can't seem to locate one .........

mayuan
01-10-2014, 10:14 PM
You will not find one. The app is only available for Android and Apple.

AppleJax
01-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your phone..... Such a waste.

EZM
01-10-2014, 11:03 PM

Work phone ........ what do you do ........????

I will have to fire up my humminbird 385 in the cab of the truck to find my spot I guess. I was prepared to pay $15 for the convenience.

Going to gull and wanted to find the humps off the point - but there will probably be 200 trucks out there anyways ..... lol

TylerThomson
01-11-2014, 06:52 AM
the navionics app isn't that great for finding mid lake structure in my experience. it doesn't have for example Mariahs hump or the massive sand bar in pinehurst etc. although you do have the option to add data to the map. Can't see them releasing an app for a platform with one foot out the door. maybe if you broke it by "accident" they would get you a real phone haha

GTZ
01-11-2014, 09:56 PM
the navionics app isn't that great for finding mid lake structure in my experience. it doesn't have for example Mariahs hump or the massive sand bar in pinehurst etc. although you do have the option to add data to the map. Can't see them releasing an app for a platform with one foot out the door. maybe if you broke it by "accident" they would get you a real phone haha

I definitely agree on the Navionics app not being great to find mid lake structure. I also find that on some lakes the app is pretty accurate as far as depth goes and other lakes it a bit out to lunch :mad0030:

Geezle
01-12-2014, 08:07 AM
I definitely agree on the Navionics app not being great to find mid lake structure. I also find that on some lakes the app is pretty accurate as far as depth goes and other lakes it a bit out to lunch :mad0030:

I still find it amusing that they still don't have a chart for Calling Lake but they have one for the little puddle that is Chickacoo :lol:

The Reel Deal
01-12-2014, 08:43 AM
i use it just to mark way points either for hot fishing spots, boating hazards or even the boat launch to get back in foggy/white out conditions.
The app is good to mark your location, but i always have a laminated bathy. chart on hand to really know the lake

Prdtrgttr
01-12-2014, 09:00 AM

I suppose you have a generic be like everyone else and get a tatoo, I fone...lol:)
It's actually not a waste. BB's r good phones. Bad media wrap.
Some apps can be side loaded through goodereader.com
Check it out.

TylerThomson
01-12-2014, 10:08 AM
their market share and stock price both would disagree with you lol.

GTZ
01-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I still find it amusing that they still don't have a chart for Calling Lake but they have one for the little puddle that is Chickacoo :lol:

Lol ya no doubt! Wish they had a chart for Spray too..

Geezle
01-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Lol ya no doubt! Wish they had a chart for Spray too..

There's one for Hasse...does that make up for it? :thinking-006:

GTZ
01-12-2014, 12:37 PM
There's one for Hasse...does that make up for it? :thinking-006:

Oh there's one for Hasse, that's perfect, can't wait to get out there :1041:

Pierre
01-13-2014, 08:06 AM
Depending on what OS, you can install Navionics on your bb. If you're using a new BB10 phone, with some minor tweaking you can run android apps on it.

http://crackberry.com/how-run-almost-any-android-233-app-blackberry-10

Jamie Black R/T
01-13-2014, 08:39 AM
im running a samsumg s4 and navionics doesn't support that either.

I feel your pain.