PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been out PCR way today? Jan 11th

tacklerunner
01-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Looking for a ice, snow/slush, road report south of Calgary. Was hoping to take newbies and a 6 yr old that way tomorrow but don't wanna expose them to harsh conditions. I know what it's like when it's blowing, snowing/raining in Southern AB.

Thanks in advance.

TR

Gust
01-11-2014, 05:53 PM
511.alberta.ca

live realtime camera shots of highway, click on the camera icons

bigbadbrown
01-11-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm on the lake right now, lots of wind, highways are in great shape. Most of the snow in the fields has melted. Just the odd patch. Fishing is slow right now for us. Drove onto the lake near the boat launch in 2x4 no problem.

tacklerunner
01-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys!!!

Icatchfish
01-11-2014, 06:52 PM
thx for posting guys, I'll be there tomorrow too

Daceminnow
01-11-2014, 07:18 PM
High wind reported from the Vulcan area today as well. No snow. Northerns tipping flags most of the day. Right up your alley. Hope you get the young one into some fish. Don't head west. Ouch........:scared0015:

tacklerunner
01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
High wind reported from the Vulcan area today as well. No snow. Northerns tipping flags most of the day. Right up your alley. Hope you get the young one into some fish. Don't head west. Ouch........:scared0015:

:tongue2: Didn't know there were trout ponds out there. Did see a duckling eat a trout before though. Been doing well on Vulcan pond. Just jacks though. No trout. Boy's pumped. Iced his first fish couple weeks ago within 15 mins of dropping his bait. Hare's ear I think. Post some pics!!!

bigbadbrown
01-12-2014, 01:29 AM
The fishing picked up after posting here, landed 20+ walley between two guys. No pike and haven't caught a burb yet this winter...
Walley would only suck it off the bottom and they were very light.
Not a single hit while jigging
Good luck tomorrow. Hope the wind dies down for you!
Might want to bring ice cleats as it's glare ice