PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the pin on a new boat yeeeeeehawwwww

Kokaneeranger
01-11-2014, 07:34 PM
I started out reviewing a 16' tracker tiller but ending up buying a crestliner 1750 super hawk with a 150hp . I'm pretty pumped guys, I got a great deal on a loaded 2013 - this thing has everything from a baby's fart to a clap of thunder. Looking to finally pack up the family and try for some lakers, any suggestions for lakes with good campsites and even better fishing - driving for a few hours is not an issue

Kokanee9
01-11-2014, 07:37 PM
I think your further ahead with what you decided on. Have fun on the water!

wellpastcold
01-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Congratulations! You will enjoy your new ride for sure.

EZM
01-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Cool - awesome boat - you will enjoy it !!!!!!!

In terms of fishing for Lakers ...... PM me in April/May and I would be happy to tell you what little I know and help you where I can. It took us some time to figure out the best spots for lakers on Cold Lake but I'm happy to say we can consistently put fish in the boat and enjoy laker fishing.

If you are from the Edmonton area - that's the lake for a nice rig like yours if you are after lake trout IMO.

Kokaneeranger
01-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks EZM. Will do

Doubledroptine
01-12-2014, 06:49 AM
Where did u buy it? I'm in the market for a new boat

jeffrey929
01-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Where did u buy it? I'm in the market for a new boat

If I had to guess, Free Spirit Marine... Talk to Thane

Kokaneeranger
01-12-2014, 09:13 AM
I pick it up this coming Friday. Dealt with Kelly at Free Spirit and so far I'm very happy with the service. Picking the right manufacturer can be a hair pulling experience, I done a ton of homework on this and feel good about my purchase. This is my first "big" boat and I have a good gut feeling. It was a combination of bang for my buck, warranty, and public opinion that put me in the crestliner, there are several others I would rate slightly higher and lower, all have their pros and cons and it comes down to a personal preference at the end (dodge or chev or ford...etc). I hope I put enough hp on it , that was a big concern as well. Ooooops sorry for the rant boys, too much coffee haha

sanjuanworm
01-12-2014, 11:25 AM
I bought the superhawk 1650 last year and I love it. I wanted the 1750 but it wouldn't fit in my garage. Awesome boat. Enjoy.