PDA

View Full Version : I now understand Zombie Trout

Ken07AOVette
01-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Went out yesterday, got there at daybreak and watched the bottom of the hole for 10 hours :angry3:

Any fish that came through were in total autopilot mode, missed the hook by an inch or foot never even took a look.

There was a huge front that came in, it was 'warm' but windy as hell and very cloudy.

Close to full moon, barometric pressure erratic, full front coming in = staying home next time.

fish gunner
01-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Pre fornt fishing can be stellar, yes this close to the full moon can be a factor. We had great action on gull till abought 1300 then slowed right down . Ya just never kmow.

GTZ
01-12-2014, 10:17 AM
I experienced a similar situation at Wabamun yesterday. Pike that would usually come in and hammer your bait would slowly swim by and just glance at your bait. The few that were interested hit the bait extremely light. Then if you managed to hook em, it was like pulling up a log. I kept a eye on the barometric pressure and it was very low but steadily rising which equals slow slow fishing :confused:

Team Anzac
01-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Farmers Almanac says 14-16 of Jan are the best days for fishing this month.

The Reel Deal
01-12-2014, 02:38 PM

Agreed.
Saturday and today are actually the worst if you go by the moon. Tue-Thurs will be best

1bluZebec
01-12-2014, 04:44 PM
As 13 fishing says it, "make your own luck" the more you put in the more you pull out;-)

alacringa
01-12-2014, 05:34 PM

oo ee, oo ah ah...

Ken -- I was a bit discouraged yesterday, when I didn't catch anything (same front); though the fresh air, coyotes, owls, and meteors provided a nice atmosphere. It must have been maddening to see them going right past your bait! I don't use a camera...might be a good thing. It would look kind of funny to see me cursing down a hole!