PDA

View Full Version : legend boats???

jesse34567
10-01-2008, 11:38 PM
has any one ever purchased one of these boats and what could u say about them???

also i was looking at the legend boats website and it is from ontario and boats are so dam cheap there...

the one i was looking at 16 ft prosport sc in Ontario its worth 6.999 but in alberta there worth 9.389 what the hell is up with that

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-01-2008, 11:41 PM
Ive been looking into them , went and looked its truely one hell of a boat. If you pm me I can forward you the info of the fellow in Lloyd where the only alberta dealer is .

Winch101
10-02-2008, 07:39 AM
There have been many posts on here about Legend boats ...

You get what you pay for ,maybe ... always come underpowered ..

If you step up and put the right HP motor on , you end up at the price

of a name brand ... If you look at them closely , they cut a lot of corners .

duch17
10-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I looked good and hard at them and the smokercraft and ended up buying a crestliner cause the wife wouldnt let me spend another 10k on the princecraft

merk1
10-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Nice boat, well equiped. I looked at them for the price but when I added some options the price surprised me. The 18 xcalibur $16,900 with a 135 motor upgrade and some options jumped to $32,000 and the 20 xcalibur with a 150 motor upgrade with same options jumped from $24,000 to $41,000. When you look at it that way the more well namme brands(lund,ranger,etc) are not that expensive to buy, just my opinion, but one thing you really have to look at is the seats. My buddy is a big guy 330lbs+ and we only found a couple of seats that would hold his wieght, alot of them are pretty cheap.

hogsmoker
10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I've had a legend 17' (sportfish) boat and I wouldn't buy one again, It couldn't handle the rough water, it had a very light hull, everything in the boat was falling apart. I got rid of it and bought a Crestliner Superhawk what a difference running in rough water.

BigBuck$
10-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Ive been looking into them , went and looked its truely one hell of a boat. If you pm me I can forward you the info of the fellow in Lloyd where the only alberta dealer is .

I think CARS has them in Leduc as well. They always stick flyers in the Outdoor Canada Magazine with a low price in big bold letters, then when you read the fine print they charge extra for PDI, Freight, Setup etc. Plus like mentioned here before they like to stick 9.9 Mercs on 16' boats, if you do a bit of shopping around you will find the boat is usually afordable, its the danm motor that costs the $.

pecker
10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I think CARS has them in Leduc as well. They always stick flyers in the Outdoor Canada Magazine with a low price in big bold letters, then when you read the fine print they charge extra for PDI, Freight, Setup etc. Plus like mentioned here before they like to stick 9.9 Mercs on 16' boats, if you do a bit of shopping around you will find the boat is usually afordable, its the danm motor that costs the $.

motor price x 2 :wave:

FisherPotch
10-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Homestead is the only actual "dealer in AB to my knowlege. When I talked with legend boats (manufacturer) thats where they sent me. On the legend site they show a map of canada to figure out the freight, it shows a dot in loyd so they must have a dealer there too.

I like the 18 ft extreme. Like stated they are under powered comes with only a fifty horse. After freight prep rigging etc the 18ft extrem goes right around 20 grand, so any motor upgrades ontop of that.

I havn't been in one b4 but would be interested to "test" one