PDA

View Full Version : strikemaster 35cc honda lite

hamster
01-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Hey guys c if u guys can shed some light??, just purchased the auger started after 3rd pull warmed it up for 2-3min gave it throttle and stall, started after one pull idles np throttle 2nd time stall???

AdverseCity
01-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Sounds like the choke could be on, make sure it's off (usually up). It's only needed for cold starting for the most part.

Mayhem
01-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Is the gas tank vent open?

hamster
01-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Choke was off and I don't think there is a gas tank vent, my eskimo stingray has a vent right on top of the gas cap, is there a diff location on the honda??

EZM
01-13-2014, 06:57 PM
If there is a little silver knob on top of the gas cap? - If so twist it open (the silver knob, not the cap itself, to vent it.

Remember to twist it back to closed when you are done for the day.

Another way to check is fire it up, and crack the gas cap open and then try revving it up ... if it does not stall, and now works, it's an air/venting issue.

hamster
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
i was trying to google the issue and people were saying not to completely tighten the cap to let it breath but would that cause the gas to leak if it is tilted a bit??

Map Maker
01-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Those honda engines are tried and true so i dont believe leaving the gas cap open. My gas cap is on tight and it runs like a top.

engines needs air,gas and spark to run.
did you remove that green tab on the air filter?
i think that needs to be in place.

I would check your air intake first, sounds like its getting too much gas and not enough air.

can you slowly increase the throttle or does it stall anything after idle?

hamster
01-13-2014, 07:57 PM
I haven't touch the green tab, i just checked the filter everything is in place, I wonder giving it full throttle instantly instead of slowly can stall the motor??

boonedocks
01-13-2014, 09:06 PM
My Honda is strangely doing the same thing? I've owned it for a year now and it has always run like a sewing machine but now it only wants to idle if the choke is on?! If I shut off the choke and hit the throttle at the same time it will drill but dies again as soon as I let go of the throttle? I've got some very mechanically adept friends coming by to look at it tomorrow and will post our findings then!

hamster
01-13-2014, 09:48 PM
hey Boonedock let us know if your friends can find out the problem thx

Mike_W
01-13-2014, 10:05 PM
Is the auger new? I know you said you just purchased it but curious if it's new or used.
Dont know much about this specific auger but there is an air or fuel problem.
As mentioned check for any sort of air vent or valve.
Was the fuel new? Premium grade?

ruttnbuckcojack
01-14-2014, 04:47 AM
there is a possibility that you may have washed your carb, happens when the choke is left on too long, was my issue this year on my old jiffy, and the choke was only on for 30 second while throttling

Winch101
01-14-2014, 05:33 AM
First couples of times....1/2 choke ....I couldn't believe how Many primes I had to give it or it would die ....There was something about the start /run button
I left it on run ...idle for quite a while before giving it gas ....cap tight is good

After first use ...runs like a charm ...cuts like a damm .

dodgeboy1979
01-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Larger honda motors have a low oil shut off, just a thought have you checked the oil level in it.

Mike_W
01-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Larger honda motors have a low oil shut off, just a thought have you checked the oil level in it.

Just realized this is a four stroke :budo:
Fours strokes are really easy to flood. Has this problem been on going or just happened once.
Unlike two strokes you do not want to introduce gas while starting let the choke do the work.

Shmag
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Just a guess, but maybe you need to let it idle and warm up for a bit especially if its a new auger. Let it just idle for a couple minutes then try to put the hammer down !!!

kirbstomps
01-14-2014, 12:18 PM
i had this issue with mine last season.... first year ran like a charm... second had this issue. what it ended up being is the screws that hold the carborator/air filter assembly on had loosened and the unit was getting too much air. it would idle fine, but when i gave it gas it would not go. tightened em up and she ran perfect again.... but while it was happening i was pulling my hair out since i was in the middle of nowhere.

hope this helps
Kirby