PDA

View Full Version : pheasant guns.

phil67m
10-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Just bought a new (for me) Winchester over/under. It is the old style with two triggers, top barrel modified and bottom barrel full choke. These new screw-in chokes drive me crazy. Give me a two trigger gun any day. (I sound like an old man!)

puphood1
10-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Every one to there own. I find my Browning 12 ga. over and under of 25 years pritty much stays in its case in the back of the truck and I use my lighter weight 20 ga. SKB auto loader. As I find the lighter weight to be more important to me these days when carrying a gun for long hours in the field....puphood1

bobinthesky
10-03-2008, 07:36 PM
Just bought a new (for me) Winchester over/under. It is the old style with two triggers, top barrel modified and bottom barrel full choke. These new screw-in chokes drive me crazy. Give me a two trigger gun any day. (I sound like an old man!)

I suspect that you mean top barrel full and bottom barrel mod...but I could be wrong. You probably purchased a Winchester 101, right? Good guns, but generally considered hard kickers. Ok for a hunting gun but not for targets. The pistol grip is not considered the best for double triggers but it's managable. A straight grip lets you change your hand position easier for instant trigger selection. Each to there own though. Have fun with you're new gun!

catnthehat
10-03-2008, 09:12 PM
My 20 gauge O/U F.A.I.R. is my goto gun for anything that flies.
Cat

bobinthesky
10-03-2008, 09:26 PM
My 20 gauge O/U F.A.I.R. is my goto gun for anything that flies.
Cat

How long have you had it? And where did you get a FAIR in Alberta?

catnthehat
10-03-2008, 09:49 PM
How long have you had it? And where did you get a FAIR in Alberta?

I've had that particular gun since the Spring, it's a Safari with 6.5X55 barrels as well as the 20 gauge barrels.
I also have a jubilee in 410 bought for shooting skeet for bird practice.

To answer your question, the Canadian distributor is in Dewinton , and his name is Will Bilozir. his number is (403) 938 6066
he also sells Ballistic Reloading Products.

I love the F.A.I.R shotguns, my 20 drops geese, duck and ruffies with total indifference!:D
Cat

bobinthesky
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Ok, I know Will and have a gun ordered from him. I saw the first FAIR shipment he brought in and am impressed. I believe the gun you bought was one he ordered on spec, if I'm not mistaken. I think he will do well with them.

typo's...

Versatile
10-03-2008, 11:39 PM

I love the F.A.I.R shotguns, my 20 drops geese, duck and ruffies with total indifference!:D
Cat

You better edit that cat. Some of the members are going to blow a gasget when they see that you can kill geese without using a 12 gauge loaded with 3.5" Blackcloud BB. Either that or they will call you a liar :lol:

20's are a great gun; light weight, carry all day, and will kill anything that flies just as well as a 12 gauge if you can shoot half decent.

TheClash
10-04-2008, 01:02 AM
those f.a.i.r.'s are beautiful..what do they set a guy back??

catnthehat
10-04-2008, 09:37 AM
You better edit that cat. Some of the members are going to blow a gasget when they see that you can kill geese without using a 12 gauge loaded with 3.5" Blackcloud BB. Either that or they will call you a liar :lol:

20's are a great gun; light weight, carry all day, and will kill anything that flies just as well as a 12 gauge if you can shoot half decent.

They can say what they want and go pound sand!
These birds were taken with 2 3/4" Federal premium steel with 3/4oz of #4's
The first flight in yeilded a mallard from the IC barrel and a Canada from the mod barrel.
One duck was taken "way out there" on a straight across passing shot.
Cat
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v104/catnthehat/DSCF0811.jpg