PDA

View Full Version : Tikka T3 Lite

James M
10-02-2008, 06:08 PM
For those of you who have them....what kind of rings do you use on it? Are Optilocks any good? I'm thinking either Optilocks or Leupolds. I'm not worried about costs of anything just quality, so everyones opinion is welcome. The second my renewed PAL comes I'm off to buy my stuff. Should be any day now. (Wanting to buy Stainless synthetic in 6.5x55 and top it off with a Leupold vx3 3.5-10x40). Need rings.

Wrongside
10-02-2008, 07:35 PM
If ever I own another T3 it'll get the Talley LWs. Nice, simple, light......

Stinky Coyote
10-02-2008, 08:07 PM
I've got some leupold rings/bases i just took off my t3 lite to trade for the lightweight talleys as my gun is going on a diet for sheep hunting....if your in calgary how bout 20 bucks?...pretty sure they were at least 40 bucks or higher when i got them. They are a stout ring/base combo, one of the more popular i've seen. They are fairly low mount but the previous scope i had on the gun was a 40mm and with butler creek flip up covers on there was still good clearance (1/8") so they would be the right height for your scope.

archdlx
10-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I am going to put the 3 x 9 Zeiss Conquest that I WON from Accurate Reloading in the spring, using Luppy rings/mounts, on the Tikka T3 SS Lite I WON last Sunday.
Should have maybe got Talleys!
Sorry...just have to brag-A LITTLE ;)
oh yeah...260 Rem

Scott N
10-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Just my opinion, but OptiLocks are the way to go, especially of price isn't a consideration. They are rock solid and the plastic inserts for the rings prevent your scope from being marked up in any way.

James M
10-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks. I'll look into the Talley lightweights but I got to buy the gun and have it in my hands first. I guess there are 3 choices for brands now.......Stinky Coyote are those the one piece ones with the rings built right into the base?

I am going to put the 3 x 9 Zeiss Conquest that I WON from Accurate Reloading in the spring, using Luppy rings/mounts, on the Tikka T3 SS Lite I WON last Sunday.
Should have maybe got Talleys!
Sorry...just have to brag-A LITTLE ;)
oh yeah...260 Rem

You're making my free gas fill up that I WON seem like nothing. :lol:

Ice Fishing Maniac
10-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I use Optilok rings & bases on all my Sako m75 (4) and Tikka T3 (2) rifles-all that hold VX2 or VX3 scopes. My Sako m75SS 300WM has never lost its zero setting in 10 years of hard hunting till I started reloading to readjust scope.

I prefer the bushing in the rings to hold the scope rather than have the rings and have ring marks.

They do cost more but worth it in my books. Actually they dropped in price now from being aboyt $220 for the set of rings & bases to about $150 now.

BTW, I seen a mint used Sako m75SS in 6.5x55 for a sweet price. I think the guy was asking $1000.

CONGRATS archdlx, you must have been one of the winners fromthe Peace Fish & Game Association raffle.

opto55
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I have a T3 6.5x55 opilock rings and bases elite 2.5x 10, 1/4 " groups @ 100yds. all day long. Factory ammo.