PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around lethbridge

mountainhunter
01-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Looking to get my son out ice fishing this Sunday. Was hopping someone on the forum could point me in the right direction to hook up with some fish. I took him to keho last weekend, caught 2 fish in 6 hrs. If there is a better lake that we could maybe pull in a few more fish,(any species,any size, just looking to give the kid some more action) and you don't mind sharing it with my son and myself, shoot me PM. Thank you

hacman
01-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Just the usual reservoirs in the area, Keho is one of the better ones so you may have had just an off day. Chin, Cross Coulee, Ridge, Jensens, etc. Had some good days at Park Lake last year but this year has been slow. I don't think you can expect hot and heavy, all day action anywhere around here. Maybe try Nicolas Sheran, haven't heard any reports from there this year so maybe its hot. If you don't mind a drive, try Beauvais or Chain for trout. Regardless, its going to be t-shirt weather tomorrow so grab some Timmy's and hit the ice. GL!

lromanchuk
01-17-2014, 03:21 PM
Some of the best fishing in Alberta in that area.

Keho, Badger, Travers and Newell are all good options.

JustBen
01-17-2014, 03:54 PM
We've been having good luck at beauvais. Lots of little rainbows and the odd brown trout.

TroyLang
01-17-2014, 03:59 PM
We've been having good luck at beauvais. Lots of little rainbows and the odd brown trout.

Still want to get out to beauvais, just cant find the time:angry3:

gprime27
01-17-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm going to go try butcher lake for some brook trout tomorrow. if they aren't biting there we might hit Beauvais. your always welcome to join us if you'd like. I'm also going after something big Sunday.

MuleyHunter
01-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Enchant is a good place to take kids. Lots of perch. The odd small trout

TroyLang
01-18-2014, 11:20 AM
Enchant is a good place to take kids. Lots of perch. The odd small trout

, Good old enchant, If you ever get ****ed off because your not catching anything, head there, you will for sure catch tons!!!! Summer or winter, its a super small lake, you can go there and cover the entire lake in an hour

dcampbster
01-18-2014, 04:37 PM
No luck pike fishing at the Ridge res yesterday