PDA

View Full Version : From the "Signs of the Apocalypse" File:

rugatika
01-17-2014, 04:01 PM
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/01/16/students-hawaiian-themed-fundraiser-abandoned-after-poster-draws-ire-of-idle-no-more-organizers/

I can remember the CumonIwannaleiyou parties at the UofS...don't remember any complaints back then...other than the lack of "lei-ing".

Okotokian
01-17-2014, 04:08 PM
so Idle no more organizers are now the arbiter of all cultures. I would tell them that their insistence in speaking for hawaiians is demaning and racist, since Hawaiians are completely capable of speaking for themselves.

PLUS, the woman portrayed is clearly caucasian, so how do Canadian first nations have any legitimate standing in the discussion?

Winch101
01-17-2014, 04:11 PM
University must be so much fun . Back in the day ,the fact that idle no more
Didn't like it....would have become the only reason to do it.

No wonder this PC crap is out of control ....those kids will make interesting
Drones......

Fisherpeak
01-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Kids,teachers politicians have no balls anymore.I hope I die before the next generation starts taking over.

220swifty
01-17-2014, 04:35 PM
As usually, the INM crowd annoys me in this case, but the organizers have me ready to vomit!

Proactive!? Try spineless.

'I saw a non descript adult male walking towards me, and due to the fact that we were in a dark alley, I threw my wallet and watch to him, and assumed fetal position. I was being proactive, I wanted to avoid a confrontation'

rwm1273
01-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Wow. How did our society change to this?

Initially a Hawaiian themed party, but due to people who are not even Hawaiian complained, so it got changed to a Tropical party, but because it showed a woman wearing typical clothes you would wear in Hawaii, it was changed to a palm tree?

What is next?

fish gunner
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Wow. How did our society change to this?

Initially a Hawaiian themed party, but due to people who are not even Hawaiian complained, so it got changed to a Tropical party, but because it showed a woman wearing typical clothes you would wear in Hawaii, it was changed to a palm tree?

What is next?

Lack of protests , oh but wait we dont want our next generation protesting what they belive in
Remember ban the bomb , Vietnam protests those were the good old days . We could of had such great material now a days . Big oil , iraq, Afghanistan, Fracking , ect, ect now we dont,we have drunks. Old day stoner hippys with a chip in their shoulder against what you've got. Now have drunk yuppies llooking for a job at big oil . Lol you cant have your cake and your steak .

Grizzly Adams
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM
Why don't people have the Balls to just tell these kinds of Nut bars to F... Off. :lol:

Grizz

CaberTosser
01-17-2014, 05:34 PM
I'd have revised the poster to be more inclusive in the number of groups its offending! Naturally in an over-the-top parody fashion. Maybe I could get Dave Chappelle working as creative director to the graphic designers:thinking-006:

rwm1273
01-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Why don't people have the Balls to just tell these kinds of Nut bars to F... Off. :lol:

Grizz

Because then they would have even more nut bars in their face, and more complaints to the school administration.

Wild&Free
01-17-2014, 05:38 PM

Grizz

I think people don't understand that your freedom of association is also your freedom of disassociation. don't like it don't come that simple. it's not like it was a lynch party.

nof60
01-18-2014, 05:37 PM
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/01/16/students-hawaiian-themed-fundraiser-abandoned-after-poster-draws-ire-of-idle-no-more-organizers/

I can remember the CumonIwannaleiyou parties at the UofS...don't remember any complaints back then...other than the lack of "lei-ing".

If you can remember a Cumoniwannaleiyou then you were not there :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::bad_boys_20: