PDA

View Full Version : Any honey holes around medicine hat

smithdabs
01-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Have any of you had some good luck ice fishing on any lakes around medicine hat

Fish-Taco
01-18-2014, 06:19 PM
I usually do pretty good at rattlesnake and spruce coulee in the winter. The brookies in spruce are getting big and fun to catch.

Tabers Best
01-18-2014, 06:22 PM
I usually do pretty good at rattlesnake and spruce coulee in the winter. The brookies in spruce are getting big and fun to catch.

What size are the Brookies in that lake?

smithdabs
01-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Im going to check out spruce Coulee tomorrow morning, and ive never really had much luck at rattle snake in the winter no action at all

Fish-Taco
01-18-2014, 06:31 PM
About 2-4lbs on average id say. Ive had really good luck there in the winter and early spring on the fly. There are 4000 grayling in there as well. They should a good size by spring i imagine. Hoping to see a few this winter but i think they hide and arent very active in winter. That or i dint know how to catch them, which is more likely the case haha

Tabers Best
01-18-2014, 06:33 PM
About 2-4lbs on average id say. Ive had really good luck there in the winter and early spring on the fly. There are 4000 grayling in there as well. They should a good size by spring i imagine. Hoping to see a few this winter but i think they hide and arent very active in winter. That or i dint know how to catch them, which is more likely the case haha

OMG thats a nice size for that species. Thanks

I will have to look up how to get there from Taber.

Fish-Taco
01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Highway 1 east to highway 41 south. Follow the higway through the park and just about at the top of the south side is the turnoff. There is a sign posted for it and reesor lake as well. Id suggest a 4x4 for spruce, there are a couple goodnhills to climb on the way out and they ill be super slick with this warm weather of late. Bring lots of small minnows and you should have a grat day out there. Good luck and post pics!

gor
01-18-2014, 08:02 PM
If you like perch try clouts. Last time it was action all day.