PDA

View Full Version : Southern Alberta Ice

DuhPikeMasta
01-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Girlfriend wants to go fishing tomorrow.
Need any ice reports for area around leth.
Keho was 18~ inches last week, but with the warm weather im hesitant for other areas.
Looking for anywhere fishing decently as keho was sloooooow.
Thanks gents and ladies

hacman
01-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Lots of ice everywhere, lots of decent lakes, just have to set up where the fish are. Chin was slow this weekend, 16 " of ice, Beauvais had lots too and fishing was good if you wanna make the drive.

DuhPikeMasta
01-20-2014, 06:34 PM
thanks man

TroyLang
01-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Girlfriend wants to go fishing tomorrow.
Need any ice reports for area around leth.
Keho was 18~ inches last week, but with the warm weather im hesitant for other areas.
Looking for anywhere fishing decently as keho was sloooooow.
Thanks gents and ladies

Shurburn Res @ grassy lake has 18 or so inches

Old Goat
01-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Was the ice at Chin 16" all over. I have never ice fished there and would appreciate any info on any spots that are usually thinner, or that I should be watching out for?

hacman
01-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Sorry Goat, just fished at the dam on the west end. Not really familiar with the rest of the lake. There's a gate there but it was locked so didn't see any vehicle traffic. I imagine its pretty consistent everywhere though. Ice was hard and clear so easy to see how thick it was.

huntsfurfish
01-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Was the ice at Chin 16" all over. I have never ice fished there and would appreciate any info on any spots that are usually thinner, or that I should be watching out for?

Best to avoid any bridge areas on any lakes, including chin. Ice likely thinner in these areas due to road salt and/or current.

Dale S
01-23-2014, 05:46 AM

The locals that fish Chin don't drive on the ice. There are a few springs and old water wells that are bad. AND DO NOT DRIVE UNDER THE BRIDGE.

WayneChristie
01-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Sitting on a southern res right now, better sharpen your augers Im on 25 inches of good ice but dont take other peoples word make sure you check for yourself

Old Goat
01-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks all. I will be using my quad when on the ice. Not brave enough to drive a veh on a water way I am not familiar with. I was thinking of going just north of the bridge in the bay or just the north side of the bay where it connects to the main Resevoir. Any thoughts?