PDA

View Full Version : Perch on Snipe

French_Mike
01-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Rumor has it that Perch are biting like crazy on Snipe Lake. I don't live too far from Snipe, but have never ice fished there. Where is the access points for Snipe Lake? Apparently they are biting on the North end somewhere. Anyone have any pointers. My BIL is coming up this weekend and we want to try our luck on them this weekend.
Thnx folks!

pikeslayer22
01-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Go through the campsite entrance...I wouldnt try driving a vehicle on as there is lots of fllood water...By posting how the perch are biting there will be a line up from ValleyView you should be able to follow the parade in.

Jamie Black R/T
01-22-2014, 10:32 AM
By posting how the perch are biting there will be a line up from ValleyView you should be able to follow the parade in.

x2

that lake is clear cut example of what a message board can do to a fishery....follow the parade!! enjoy brushing elbows and selling guys maggots lol

HuyFishin
01-22-2014, 10:43 AM
no fish here sorry to burst your bubble :sHa_shakeshout:

albertadeer
01-22-2014, 12:23 PM
x2

that lake is clear cut example of what a message board can do to a fishery....follow the parade!! enjoy brushing elbows and selling guys maggots lol

So true...

Alberta Redneck
01-22-2014, 12:59 PM
I was there last Saturday, about 40 people on the ice. I caught my limit, but talked to a lot of people and they weren't having the same luck. I will be there again with my quad on Saturday.

French_Mike
01-22-2014, 06:57 PM
So true...

Oh relax. If people are going to fish, they're going anyway. I thought the whole point of these forums is to gain knowledge and help for all to enjoy the sport. Who cares if people are out there...heck you can even meet some nice people out there.

I guess I'll keep to secrecy and not give any extra information on this forum. Sorry to ruin the fisheries.

Looking forward to following the parade on Saturday though. Thanks for the information on the access point.

CanadianBadass
01-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Oh relax. If people are going to fish, they're going anyway. I thought the whole point of these forums is to gain knowledge and help for all to enjoy the sport. Who cares if people are out there...heck you can even meet some nice people out there.

I guess I'll keep to secrecy and not give any extra information on this forum. Sorry to ruin the fisheries.

Looking forward to following the parade on Saturday though. Thanks for the information on the access point.

I agree man, I always like to help out, I understand not giving away your favorite Hole , I don't either, But I always point them in the right direction, just like how I started !

My Story of why I help when I can !

I was at Mt Lorette Trout ponds with my 4YO and wife almost 2 years ago, and we were about to leave..... This family with 4 kids were just walking up to go hiking, The dad says to me " you can fish here ? " I said yup, its lots of fun for the kids, he goes on to his tackle box and all I see is big spoons, cranks, and junk , nothing remotely close to what you need for little trout, but he did have rods, I ended up giving him about 10 little Panther Martins, A spool of fine 2lb line, tips on how too, and also gave him a handful of numerous other lures that would work, including flies (Maybe 20-35$ in gear ) , I gave him my Card and told him to enjoy....

about 5 months later he walks into my store ( 265 Km from his house ) and buys about 21,000$ in flooring off of me, and also offered me 100$ tip for the help I gave him down in the mountains (I refused),

As we talked he started telling me about that day we met.

Turns out, That day in the mountains at the ponds was one of his last days with 2 of his kids, ... They were in a horrific wreck that night (moose) and lost 2 of his children (Youngest and oldest), he says that was by far the best day he spent with his kids since they were born, they caught fish, cooked fish and had an amazing day because some stranger offered him and his kids some friendly help..... He said he could not thank me enough and gave me his card and said if there is anything you ever need, you call me first !

^-------- That story touched me deep, made me change my mind about being the Dick out there who is not willing to help out. You must remember, not everybody who fishes keeps fish ..... they may just want to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family .....

Now back to snipe, yes the bite is on lol

outdoors forever
01-22-2014, 07:47 PM
I agree man, I always like to help out, I understand not giving away your favorite Hole , I don't either, But I always point them in the right direction, just like how I started !

I was at Mt Lorette Trout ponds with my 4YO and wife almost 2 years ago, and we were about to leave..... This family with 4 kids were just walking up to go hiking, The dad says to me " you can fish here ? " I said yup, its lots of fun for the kids, he goes on to his tackle box and all I see is big spoons, cranks, and junk , nothing remotely close to what you need for little trout, but he did have rods, I ended up giving him about 10 little Panther Martins, A spool of fine 2lb line, tips on how too, and also gave him a handful of numerous other lures that would work, including flies (Maybe 20-35$ in gear ) , I gave him my Card and told him to enjoy....

about 5 months later he walks into my store ( 265 Km from his house ) and buys about 21,000$ in flooring off of me, and also offered me 100$ tip for the help I gave him down in the mountains (I refused),

Turns out, That day in the mountains at the ponds was one of his last days with 2 of his kids, ... They were in a horrific wreck that night (moose) and lost 2 of his children (Youngest and oldest), he says that was by far the best day he spent with his kids since they were born, they caught fish, cooked fish and had an amazing day because some stranger offered him and his kids some friendly help..... He said he could not thank me enough and gave me his card and said if there is anything you ever need, you call me first !

^-------- That story touched me deep, made me change my mind about being the Dick out there who is not willing to help out. You must remember, not everybody who fishes keeps fish ..... they may just want to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family .....

Damn, someone starting peeling onions as I was reading your story..........:cry:

GREAT story man, I enjoyed the read,

CanadianBadass
01-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Damn, someone starting peeling onions as I was reading your story..........:cry:

GREAT story man, I enjoyed the read,

Just thought I would share as this thread went sour .

GregT
01-22-2014, 08:03 PM
geesh, this sure makes one want to be a bit better person. thanks for the story

HuyFishin
01-22-2014, 08:24 PM
Damn heart warming

Chris5672
01-22-2014, 08:34 PM
I done well at snipe this week, fishing about 8 fow . Ice conditions were not bad but ice is soft I wouldn't drive a truck on. The last day I fished probably caught 50 perch . Heard guys were doing well at the park with perch
Good luck guys

CanadianBadass
01-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Damn heart warming

Just like when you sent your wife over to my tent at wab to tell my buddy his flag was up lol ! Thanks for the help lol

French_Mike
01-22-2014, 08:47 PM

Thanks for the response and story (really is touching). And yes, this winter has been long and testing up here for a lot of people. So what they heck...why not all enjoy it together. That's all I was trying for. I apologize to anyone for ruining their serene tranquil day on Snipe. For all the others, look forward to maybe meeting some of you out there Saturday for some good ole' fishing.

Good luck out there all!

HuyFishin
01-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Just like when you sent your wife over to my tent at wab to tell my buddy his flag was up lol ! Thanks for the help lol

I showed her your story and got a long awwwwwww

CanadianBadass
01-22-2014, 09:28 PM
I showed her your story and got a long awwwwwww

point is, Small actions sometimes goes a long way !

CanadianBadass
01-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the response and story (really is touching). And yes, this winter has been long and testing up here for a lot of people. So what they heck...why not all enjoy it together. That's all I was trying for. I apologize to anyone for ruining their serene tranquil day on Snipe. For all the others, look forward to maybe meeting some of you out there Saturday for some good ole' fishing.

Good luck out there all!

Perch fishermen are crazier then Sturgeon guys about the good honey holes lol

French_Mike
01-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Perch fishermen are crazier then Sturgeon guys about the good honey holes lol

I see that, and it's understandable.

kirbstomps
01-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Reminds me of a couple years ago when i was fishing Salmon on the fly on the Island.... we had a hole on the river where not a soul was, and the fishing was unbelieveable! We were there for days and didnt even see another fisherman... we told one of my dads friends about it while BSing one evening on the way home... the next day and for the rest of the trip there were so many other guys there that we couldnt even fish it anymore... lesson hard learned about being nice. I will help someone out to the Nth degree, but it sucks when it bites you in the ass like that.

But its great to hear about people helping people more often. Just remember if someone is helping you with some extremely hard earned info, to respect it.

Kirby

Jamie Black R/T
01-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Just remember if someone is helping you with some extremely hard earned info, to respect it.

Kirby

great point....something that's tough to do on a forum like this when there is thousands of lurkers just here to for spots to find jumbo perch.

*BigSexyHunter*
01-24-2014, 09:43 AM
Went out 3 times, Caught my limit of Avarage 1 pounders. But another ******* here- Cant tell you where ;D

PUT IN YOUR TIME, TOUR AROUND THE LAKE, DRILL RANDOM HOLES IN RANDOM PLACES! Geeze, Lazy *******s.

Alberta Redneck
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
I have a great honey hole for Perch on Snipe, I will be there Saturday on my Red Honda quad, come on bye and smash the Perch, lots in there for everyone. I don't care if you stand right beside me, makes no difference to me, its a lot better when everyone is catching fish.

kritz
01-24-2014, 03:13 PM

Thank you, well said!
There are some good people on this forum.

CanadianBadass
01-24-2014, 04:11 PM

Thank you, well said!
There are some good people on this forum.

I Have met some amazing people on the forums, But then again , I also met some of the biggest Douche's Around off of here, Some people just don't get it !

Kokaneeranger
01-24-2014, 04:51 PM
I didn't make it out last weekend, Work called but will be out there tomorrow. Don't know where I'll end up but if I see a red quad I will swing by and have a chat. Myself and a buddy , his boy and his dad plan on being bright and early. I will have a red and silver polaris and my buddy may bring his quad, is the lake quad able. Hope to see ya tomorrow. Cheers

GPBuzz
01-26-2014, 05:48 PM
How did you guys make out. I'm heading out tomorrow

wags
01-26-2014, 07:29 PM

Nice read CB - it's amazing how what is really a small gesture can have a profound, life altering impact. Good on you for being a generally nice guy, as I've seen you do many times before.

And only speaking from experience, "you can lead a horse to water, but try and try as he might, he still can't catch a dang fish through the ice". But I'm thankful for the knowledge and information shared with me by members here. That's why I leave all the fish behind for them to catch :)

Cheers

CanadianBadass
01-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Nice read CB - it's amazing how what is really a small gesture can have a profound, life altering impact. Good on you for being a generally nice guy, as I've seen you do many times before.

And only speaking from experience, "you can lead a horse to water, but try and try as he might, he still can't catch a dang fish through the ice". But I'm thankful for the knowledge and information shared with me by members here. That's why I leave all the fish behind for them to catch :)

Cheers

Hey thanks man, !

1bluZebec
01-26-2014, 07:35 PM

Great stuff Badass:) we need more people like yourself in this world. It has to feel good knowing what kind of difference you made in someone's life. Nice bud.

huntsfurfish
01-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Almost 2000 posts on a thread that mentions perch.:)

Yes the internet can/does have an impact on a water body.

CBa good on you for helping a fellow fisher.

I am also more inclined to help out at the lake.

Not so much, on line for the reasons above.

pinelakeperch
01-27-2014, 08:25 PM

Wow, what a story. Good on you!

baptiste_moose
01-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Almost 2000 posts on a thread that mentions perch.:)

Yes the internet can/does have an impact on a water body.

CBa good on you for helping a fellow fisher.

I am also more inclined to help out at the lake.

Not so much, on line for the reasons above.

I'm in the same boat as you man. I got told I'm an #%&@ hole when I express my opinion on what AO does for our fisheries. If u want tips, tricks and set-ups subscribe to in-fisherman or buy some books. You cant expect to be a pro right outta the gate. I cant harvest game like Lefty, ISB or whitetailjunkie cause i'm rather new to the game in comparison. If u want GPS coordinated to my locations. $&@*w off. Earn it for yourself and it has a much sweeter taste. And the volchers swarm. Kaaa kaaa

That is an amazing story however!! Helping a no body is a little different then helping Al Linder on how to and where to catch. All depends on the person that aquires the given knowledge.

GPBuzz
01-27-2014, 08:53 PM
thanks to the young couple who stopped by for a little conversation, shared some tips and he gave us some of his recommended bait.
When we left we stopped by and gave him all the bait we had left, his and ours.

CanadianBadass
01-28-2014, 09:56 AM
thanks to the young couple who stopped by for a little conversation, shared some tips and he gave us some of his recommended bait.
When we left we stopped by and gave him all the bait we had left, his and ours.

That's what I like to hear , Glad theres still some nice guys out there, And were able to help you guys out.

Im heading up that way this week !

trophybook
02-06-2014, 07:31 AM
What ?? Hastings lake is hot???

Rabdo
02-06-2014, 12:49 PM

amazing story, good on you

walleyeca
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Snipe wasn't to bad this weekend until I had to use the washroom then I was a bit confused? LOL

outdoors forever
02-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Snipe wasn't to bad this weekend until I had to use the washroom then I was a bit confused? LOL

Silly you - you can plainly see the outhouses in both pics......:scared0015:

( oh, and I can confirm this was NOT Snipe on the weekend - I was there Sunday and there were about ten other people in my area......... )

Funny tho! :)

Garry B
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
My brother was there in the red jacket :):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5RkcEGh8Ex8/UmjSxClGWII/AAAAAAAACtI/gdBMF1ze8jg/s1600/South+Koreans+Celebrate+Ice+Festival+72Eby4ft9Bsl. jpg

ElkhairC
02-06-2014, 09:31 PM
It's good to see there are still people like you out there who don't mind helping a family out.
Good for you !

walleyeca
02-08-2014, 06:58 PM
My brother was there in the red jacket :):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5RkcEGh8Ex8/UmjSxClGWII/AAAAAAAACtI/gdBMF1ze8jg/s1600/South+Koreans+Celebrate+Ice+Festival+72Eby4ft9Bsl. jpg

LMFAO!!! Its good to see there is still guys with a sense of humor out there!