PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Mexico

Rainbow
01-22-2014, 07:51 PM
I will be going to Zihautanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico on Feb 5 for 2 weeks of fishing.Staying in Zihautanejo as it is much cheaper than Ixtapa.
Wondering if any AO members will be down there at this time.Maybe split the cost of a boat for a day or two.
I have been in touch with Ed Kunze who lives in the area and also has a blog site giving great advice on fishing,accom,places to eat,etc,etc.
PM me if interested.
Rainbow

steveo955
01-24-2014, 09:05 AM
i'm going to be there the week before you, actually we will cross over by a day. I leave the evening of the 6th to come back. we are staying at he Azul ixtapa grand. I have been driving Ed crazy i'm sure as I have been emailing him pretty constantly. the fishing reports look pretty good for the last few weeks, hopefully the warm water stays pretty close to shore.

Rainbow
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Hi steveo;
It is too bad that we are just missing each other by 1 day.
I will be staying at the Los Villa Azucenas Hotel in Zihautanejo.
Will arrive there about 5pm on the 5th.Stop by and I will buy a couple of cool ones in the lounge.You could give me an update on the fishing.
I have been in touch with Ed on the email.He seems like a great guy.
My name is Ted.Hope to see you in Mexico.
Rainbow(Ted)
Looking at the numbers on your name 955.I would assume that you may be a member of the Operating Engineers.I am a retired member of the Teamsters 362.We may have crossed paths in the Pipeline or Construction industry.
Take care
Ted