PDA

View Full Version : Darwin Award candidate...

WildCats
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
I swung down to Battle Lake Park this morning as I was in the area. I fished it last week and there was maybe 3-4" of good ice with about 6" of the soft loose white ice on top. Lots of flood water and 1.5' of snow cover. I was dropping down to the park and seen what appeared to be a pickup on the south shore across from the park. I drove to the launch and sure enough the full size pickup had driven on at the park and the tracks went clear across the lake. I was leery about even taking the quad/sled on it and walked on last week... Several springs along the shore around the 4H centre.

WC

Mike_W
01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
The risks some people take ....I pretty much bring the snowmobile everywhere I go even when big trucks are driving around.

massari
01-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Saw a tent that looks to be abandon in the middle of the lake on battle lake with over 2 feet of flood ice on it and all stuff inside frozen solid under the ice. Was curious if anyone is missing around there? It was very odd. Very interesting to see a frozen tent with all the gear inside frozen in.

WildCats
01-23-2014, 12:27 PM
That tent has been there for quite a while however it's in a different location every time i go down there. Must belong to a resident close by or the camp attendent.

WC

binnzer32
01-23-2014, 02:25 PM
So any luck guys? ?