PDA

View Full Version : Little Bow or Travers

Mark
01-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Thinking about heading out to either Little Bow aor Travers tomorrow and try for some whitefish.
Any reports? Has anybody been out lately to either place.

Thanks

Walleye99
01-24-2014, 04:43 PM
Travers is top notch right now! Never fished little bow

Mark
01-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Travers is top notch right now! Never fished little bow

Thanks Went to Travers on Saturday for whites. Tried by Little Bow Provincial Park. Saw about a half dozen, but they just cruised by and never even slowed down to have a look at my WW. Couple of hammerhead thought they the WW were the cat's ass. Had a heck of a time keeping them off.
Not sure what I was doing wrong with the Whites, but I must be doing something wrong since this is my usual experience with Whites. They cruise by but don't slow down or bite. I'm jigging a bit and then stopping and keeping it still. I was using copper bead head WW.

Any suggestions for the Whitefish experts.... I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks

the local angler
01-28-2014, 05:00 PM
my opinion is this is post spawn conditions now so they are not as aggressive during spawning. when the burbs start to spawn the whites will put on their buffet feed bags i think. others may correct me if i am incorrect.

Gslice
01-28-2014, 07:34 PM
how deep were you presenting your lure? In my experience, when they're hungry, they're suspended, I usually fish in 2-3m deep, and present my lure just slightly below half that depth as a start, and work the column up and down. Gentle jigging, no more than moving it 2 inches up and down. one thing i realized with travers whites is that they're not as picky as the ones at gull. I've slayed more of them with a wireworm presented at a 45 degree incline than ones that are horizontal.

Another thing is that usually the whites I can see, aren't feeding. The ones you catch are the ones you can't see. They dart very quickly across your hole so by the time you see them, they're already on your hook.

Mark
01-29-2014, 01:58 PM
Thanks I'll try that.