PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Nonne Walleye

moosesqaw
01-25-2014, 07:38 AM
Have a few tags left over from la nonne that we saved for ice fishing. Been out a few times and not much luck. A few pike, but no walleye. Any reports would be welcomed news. Thanks and good fishing.

AppleJax
01-25-2014, 08:15 AM
They are very tough to catch in winter on that lake. Better off filling them in open water sorry..

Alberta Bigbore
01-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Seen some pics where they are catching a bunch of them around the island.

HunterDave
01-25-2014, 09:20 AM
Seen some pics where they are catching a bunch of them around the island.

Are you thinking of the island on Lac Ste Anne?

Sooner
01-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Watch out for the springs, I know from personal experience there is one(used to be one) between the island and church camp, east side of the lake. Not sure if this is the island(fishing around) being talked about or if there are more than 1 island on the lake. Many years ago the wife and I went through on sleds there. Good luck on filling the tags.

HunterDave
01-25-2014, 09:25 AM
Not sure if this is the island(fishing around) being talked about or if there are more than 1 island on the lake.

Where's there an island on Lac Lanonne?

bobalong
01-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Have a few tags left over from la nonne that we saved for ice fishing. Been out a few times and not much luck. A few pike, but no walleye. Any reports would be welcomed news. Thanks and good fishing.

Have you got a GPS?

moosesqaw
01-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. Is the island you speak of on the east end of the lake by the boat launch. And yes bobalong, I do have a GPS.

HunterDave
01-25-2014, 05:37 PM
That's right too, there is an island down by Killdeer Beach and the boat launch! That's the only island that I know of on Lanoone, moose.

stubblejumper01
01-25-2014, 05:56 PM
I was up there at New Years went on NE side, take the road from Legal and Busby to Connie Mae's store go south onto lake. You will see a bunch of shacks,if they didn't blow away. I went just past the shacks and caught a few walleye and pike around the corner just off the weeds. I think I was between 12 & 15'.
They took some minnows and when they turned away from minnows I caught a couple on big fat dew worms.
I also had a couple of fat perch swim by but didn't have a perch hook ready. Was nice to see perch though. Let us know how you make out.

woolly7
01-25-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm headed there in the AM. I'll be targeting pike and perch.

moosesqaw
01-26-2014, 07:39 AM
Thanks again for the help. Back to work for a bit so next chance I get I will give it a go. I will post how I made out. Good fishing to all and be safe.