PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

JohninAB
01-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Hoping and praying this warm weather continues so we get to open water sooner than later?

Sooner
01-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Work takes me all over and I am noticing a big melt on the snow levels on the lakes and ponds around here. Maybe it will make for better lake access to the remaining ice fishing season. So I guess I am not hoping for open water just yet. Still need to try out my Cabelas boxing day tent lol

HunterDave
01-25-2014, 09:24 AM
Winter's not done with us yet. I'm working outside all day trying to get things done before the colder weather hits tonight. I'm not even thinking about spring yet, it's way too early for that. :)

Forest Techer
01-25-2014, 09:53 AM
No way. Winters the poor mans season.

Just need more daylight so I can get out more after work

The Fisherman Guy
01-25-2014, 10:44 AM
I am dying to get my boat in the water. I missed a January derby this year in the interior of BC, that was my tide over until AB open water. This wacky weather will continue until the middle of April, like it always does.

Only 103 days until the opener....... geez that hurts to say aloud.

bobalong
01-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Hoping and praying this warm weather continues so we get to open water sooner than later?

Don't rush it now:), got some coyotes and gophers to get before that:sHa_shakeshout:

Warmbreeze
01-25-2014, 02:28 PM
I would definitely agree if the season didn't end most places where I live at March 30 and start until mid May or June 1st. Worst time of the year are those down days!

Kokanee9
01-25-2014, 05:58 PM
Still have to be realistic. It's only the end of January and if anything, the ice will be getting thicker to the end of February. It's time to enjoy the ice access. Open water will come soon enough.

pinelakeperch
01-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Does anyone recall when Crawling began to open up last spring? I can't seem to remember.

dodger
01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Open Water! Open Water! Open Water! Open Water!

Global Warming! Global Warming! Global Warming!

I hope I made my point clear enough?
Dodger.

WayneChristie
01-25-2014, 08:06 PM
far as Im concerned it can stay froze til May 7 then bust wide open on the 8th!

Bigdad013
01-25-2014, 09:33 PM
Lots more ice time left unfortunately. But on a side note, heading out to the Shuswap in 3 weeks to put the boat in, been a long 3 months without doing some trolling

EZM
01-25-2014, 10:43 PM
I look at my lonely boat sitting in my garage .....

Can't wait to get it out on open water .... that's definitely my favorite type of fishing / exploring

For the next little while - it's hard water ..... a little tougher to explore but still pretty good when you bring out the bbq and a few good friends.

I will see you opening day - same time - same place - I know where to find you boys.