PDA

View Full Version : Lake Bonavista fishing update

Zeb
01-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Fishing was really good yesterday took my dad out and caught a few beefy rainbows. Was only the second time out this season we saw a few hogs and had our chances. The best part of the day was hooking in to a big Brook Trout but lost him but its nice to know they are in there. I watched him when he came in and I had to look twice to figure out what he was. He was not that long but extremely heavy and wide our guess is he was in the 3-4 pound range. So if anything we know there are a couple big Brookie's in there cant wait to get out again soon.

Carson13
01-25-2014, 08:35 PM
:thinking-017::thinking-017:

TROLLER
01-26-2014, 11:16 AM
:thinking-017::thinking-017:

Not to worry. you have to be a card caring member of the commune to catch those soft over fed trout.

Kept one a few years back and learned my lesson about keeping trout from any of the local commune lakes. Great fun tho especially on an ice rod.

slingshotz
01-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Nice to hear that there are a few brookies and not just the small one I saw on the camera two weekends ago. The smaller rainbows are really good eating, especially now in the winter is what I've found. All the rainbows I've gutted pretty much have bait fish, nymphs and other bugs in the stomach so it's quite a natural diet they have in there.

Were you using power bait or shrimp for the rainbows? When we were out there last, they were getting picky and would investigate each new lure/bait but wouldn't take.