PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake Saturday Update?

ajm1
01-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Thinking of heading to Pigeon on Sunday the 25th. Can anyone comment on the ice quality?

DisplacedCaper
01-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Just got home from there. Was at mullhurst boat launch. A little slushy walking, but nothing over ankles, and it got better out about 50 yards. Ice was about 8-10 inches (guessing) soft white slushy even, followed by anout 12 inches of solid ice. Had a good day, wish I had brought my quad. Only one pike iced, not big enough to keep. We could see a few swimming around through the holes but they weren't taking anything. Good luck!

bobalong
01-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Just got home from there. Was at mullhurst boat launch. A little slushy walking, but nothing over ankles, and it got better out about 50 yards. Ice was about 8-10 inches (guessing) soft white slushy even, followed by anout 12 inches of solid ice. Had a good day, wish I had brought my quad. Only one pike iced, not big enough to keep. We could see a few swimming around through the holes but they weren't taking anything. Good luck!

Is there still quite a bit of snow on Pigeon, at least enough for a sled. I was at St. Anne yesterday and it was almost all ice, hardly enough snow to run the sled, at least to the places I wanted to go.

DisplacedCaper
01-26-2014, 11:37 AM
Sounds like pigeon is about the same. There were a few sleds there yesterday, but they only went down by the north end.

ajm1
01-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Is there still quite a bit of snow on Pigeon, at least enough for a sled. I was at St. Anne yesterday and it was almost all ice, hardly enough snow to run the sled, at least to the places I wanted to go.

On sunday by the provincial park there was only ice with no snow cover. I almost spun around while augering as there was no traction. about 4" of clear ice on bottom and 8" of milky ice on top.

Adwittoutdoors
01-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks I'll bring the skates out of retirement. Lol

sheepstalker
01-27-2014, 09:15 AM
No snow on pigeon it was an interesting snowmobile ride across the lake yesterday

Jamie Black R/T
01-27-2014, 09:47 AM
what a strange year its been.

I guess ill swap all my gear over to the quad now lol.

just got the sled set up the way I wanted it. :thinking-006:

ab_hunter
01-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Was anyone driving on with trucks? How was the walleye bite?

Thanks for any info.

baptiste_moose
01-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that guys are riding sleds on bare ice?? I guess you don't mind it blowing up due to over heating. Take some time and learn about how your machines utilize liquid cooling. Man oh man!:snapoutofit:

Graffy91
01-29-2014, 04:34 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that guys are riding sleds on bare ice?? I guess you don't mind it blowing up due to over heating. Take some time and learn about how your machines utilize liquid cooling. Man oh man!:snapoutofit:

All I hear when I'm fishing is "braaaaaaa braaa braaaa braaaaaaaappppppppppppppppp brappppp!"

I just laugh because when I walk past them their all looking at their sleds, with the "What did I do wrong" look on their faces haha. :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcastic lol:

dragon
01-29-2014, 04:53 PM
Ice scratchers and my machine is air cooled! Although I get your point. Most of the new sleds have overheat indicators... if I'm correct my summit would limit the rpms too...

baptiste_moose
01-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Scratchers do nothing on ice. A fan cooled machine is about the only way to go on smooth ice. Or a quad!