PDA

View Full Version : Rivers Inlet - Feedback?

TundraBuck
10-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Looking at going to Rivers Inlet this summer (2009). Has anyone been recently, any accomodation/outfitter/lodge recommendations? Any feedback would be awesome! Thanks fellas!

KI-UTE
10-07-2008, 12:39 AM
A friend of mine says he'd never go back to Legacy Lodge again, said he'd try the other guys tho if he ever went back.

dss44
10-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Past couple years Rivers has not been producing like before...this year a friend went up to Rivers for 2 days (planned on going for 5days)...got 1 bite (believe me, he knows what he's doing), then just came back down to Port Hardy to do the rest of his fishing (he is from Hardy as am I)...and did way better. It's EXTREMELY spotty...but if there at right time you can nail a big one. I like consistancy more myself.

Jamie
10-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Well my trip was a BUST.. I caught one PINK.. I kept it so OBMG didnt send me a pity fish.

Now I like OBMG, but I would never set foot in rivers again. When we were out at the wall, it was a massive parking lot and you had to wait your turn to do a float.

I am more used to haveing some space and only seeing the boats from my lodge. Way to busy for my tastes.

There are better and more enjoyable places to fish. Take a hard look at the QCI. If you know what you are doing, head to Langara Island, they have self guided trips. I enjoy The Salmon seeker on the west side (Kano Inlet) Its fully guided but the fishing has allways been great.

Good luck
Jamie

acedave3
10-08-2008, 01:28 AM
A friend of mine in a party of four fished hard for 5 slid days and didnt get a bite!!! Also, check bait restrictions since they were limited to dragging a soggy herring strip around with a limited weight, flasher, hoochies, spoons etc were not allowed. Needless to say they are not going back.

Walleyes
10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Don't ell this guy its junk...
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10525&SearchTerms=rivers,inlet

But I do agree Rivers has seen its better days it has turned into another C.R.

Kingfisher
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Salmon fishing as a whole this season has been off. Not to say that people haven't caught fish. But you had to work for the fish you did get.

I was fishing off of Ucluelet this August and we limited out on halibut and went for salmon for the remainder of the day. We got 2 salmon. But the one's we did get were quality fish. I went out with my dad and a buddy from Nanoose Bay. We were fishing with a friend of mine Matt Stabler who is a guide with Castaway charters.

Here's a picture of me with a 30lber that I landed.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attachment.php?attachmentid=7301&stc=1&d=1223497691

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Thats a beauty rob nice Salmon my friend .

dss44
10-08-2008, 04:08 PM
One thing about Rivers is its all cut plugging for most part...and ive found anchovy works best by far...as even when the needlefish are in...you canstill imitate them with smaller chovies no problem...and this year there were more needlefish than ive ever seen.

TundraBuck
10-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Don't ell this guy its junk...
http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10525&SearchTerms=rivers,inlet

But I do agree Rivers has seen its better days it has turned into another C.R.

I used to frequent Campbell River a few times each summer, heard the asians have it cleaned out pretty good?

TundraBuck
10-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the feeback, guys. I think a look at the QCI may be something. How is the halibut/cod fishing that way? Would like to do both. Also, anyone know of any companies that offer flyfishing for salmon as well?

dss44
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Hali/ Cod fishing is unreal Port hardy north...anywhere you should be able to load up on them. Especially lings and snapper...its like taking candy from a baby most days...assuming the wild west coast co operates. Not sure about fly fishing... I know many do in Sept for the big Coho...but not too much for Chinooks. hope this helps

Kent H
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
I have fished the last 4 years with Murphys Sportfishing out of Ucluelet and up at Kyuquot Sound on the north west side of the Island and we have had pretty consistant fishing with them.Kyuquot produces lots of big Hali up to 200 lbs every summer but we usually bring home a pair of larger chickens each ranging from 25-50 lbs. The salmon are always there and may take more patience some days but we usually bring home 4 chinooks from 20-30 lbs. There are lots of Ling and Snapper there as well. Here is a pic of our best day this July with a limit of chinooks and some halis and cod asa well,Murphys can be found at www.murphysportfishing.comI would recommend them for both Ucluelet and Kyuquot. They have fall trips near Port Alberni for flyfishing for coho and steelhead as well.

reel lucky
10-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Best to go mid to late August, if space available and try Sportsman Club Rivers Inlet....first class operation.