PDA

View Full Version : BOG Pod

Sputnik
10-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Just bought a BOG Pod at Wholesale Sports ($109.00) and the Switcheroo head for it ($69.00). The Switcheroo allows you to quickly attach and detach you scope or camera mount.

I finally found a tripod that can be extended so high I can not use it. It also goes low enough I can sit on the ground and use it.

Can't wait to get it outside with the rifle and give it a try.

Should be good for standing around the gopher fields as well, waiting for the little buggers to pop up, because it's so high I could even sit in the back of the truck and put it on the ground.

Anyone else tried one of these.

More report after I've taken it out.

gube
10-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I picked one up in August when I went to Cabelas in Lacey Washington. Havn't used it yet but seems like a pretty good unit. Sturdy and a great range for height.

Bobby B.
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Sputnik,

I picked one up this summer in preparation for my PG Namibian hunt. It was recommened over other shooting sticks by a well experienced African hunter. I was quite surprised by how well it steadies one's aim. I'll be packing it with me this fall for deer hunting.

Bobby B.

citysfs
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Have one as well and although I did not shoot a moose from it, I have used it to give afew moose a good look. Its very steady..

Sputnik
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Took it out this evening with my camera on it. Very steady rest for the camera.

Extending the legs is very quiet and the twisting lock mechanism very easy to use. The measurement markings on the legs make it easy to remember the best height for your uses.

The switcheroo camera mount is solid and with a twist of the lock you can move 360 degrees without a problem.

Once set up all you have to do to adjust the height is move the legs in or out as needed.

Can't wait to try this with a rifle.

More reports to follow.

Sputnik
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Here's one of the pics I took tonight.

Coreyh
10-06-2008, 10:17 AM
That's a great pic. The doe on the right sure is scrawny looking.

Sputnik
10-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Yes she is thin, but then we figure she is 10 - 12 years old now and she had twins this year, late.

She just changed to winter color in the last couple of weeks and the twins were only weaned about the same time so she has a lot of weight to pack on in the next couple of months.

One of this year's twins is just to her left and the other behind her in the picture. The doe to the left of the fawn is her daughter as well but from 2 years ago. Looks very much like her, except for the weight.

We figure she is getting close to the end of her life span and the winter could do her in if she does not pack on some fat. We kind of hope she makes it because she is the only surviving member of the herd that we starting watching ten years ago and more or less the dominant doe of the herd.

But she has been looking like that before in the fall a couple of times when she had twins and bounced back fat and sassy the next year, so here's hoping.