PDA

View Full Version : Fort Mcmurray Fishing.

fredieC
01-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Hi all just wondering anyone here from Fort Mcmurray area know if the river around downtown area ( keyano collage, walmart area ) is good for fishing, and if yes what type of fish and any suggestion on tackle will be most welcome.

Just moved from Banff here and missing all the fishing action that i use to have.

Anything within walkable distance from the town as i dont have a vehicle.

thanks to all...
have a great day..

binnzer32
01-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Text me I give ya spots. 780 713 1514.

1899b
01-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Under the bridge going to Thickwood was always deadly for the fall run of Walleye and whitefish. The mouth of the Hanginstone in Waterways. The mouth of Poplar River at the bottom of Supertest hill on the way to the plants produced big walleye. The mouth of the Snye early morning or late evening when the water traffic is low. I know i am missing some. Kurt505 may chime in. We grew up there and terrorized the fish for years up there....

JSMPP
01-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Personally I don't trust rivers in the winter so have only tried it in the summer, but when I've gone to the Clearwater its awesome for walleye and gold eye. Behind the can tire and a little north by the island is good. Don't think you can get on there though. The river is full of fish though I'm sure by that boat launch area your talking about will get you into some fish

Rabdo
01-29-2014, 01:35 PM
when you do get a vehicle, make sure you go to winefred lake and grist lake