PDA

View Full Version : Underwater Perch Attacking a Cicada - video

Brandonkop
01-28-2014, 11:31 AM
Perch attacking the Cicada... nice Jumbos inhaling it after just charging in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU_sXnfgMTU

Gill Getter by Northland Tackle was down the hole prior to the cicada... not the same reaction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObrNSLXVa8

This video was taken on the same day that I also captured the underwater video of fishing with Northland Tackles Gill-Getter. The perch were not interested at all in the Gill-Getter, but when I dropped the Reef Runner Cicada down in Chartreuse and Glow they were attacking it without hesitation. Check out the underwater footage and how some of the Jumbo Yellow Perch inhale this Cicada! These perch were on the prowl chasing down shiners and spread out over this sand flat. The Cicada can really draw the fish in with its flash and vibration over a long distance. It also helps you key in on those bigger fish and keeps some of the smaller fish away. Give them a try next time you're on the hunt for jumbo perch, but you don't have to take my word for it. Watch the vid.

Thanks for watching. Now that I'm back to work have to put all this footage together. Will have a steady flow for a few weeks probably.

Jamie Black R/T
01-28-2014, 11:48 AM
what size was that lure?

and how big were the perch?

and what lake, time of day, water temp, gps coordinates, preference of steak temperature and blood type are you? :bad_boys_20::shark:

Brandonkop
01-28-2014, 12:01 PM
what size was that lure?
and how big were the perch?
and what lake, time of day, water temp, gps coordinates, preference of steak temperature and blood type are you? :bad_boys_20::shark:

Cicada 1/4 ounce, I also like using the 3/8 ounce since its a little bigger and still catches the perch and walleye.

These perch in the video range from 6-12 inches.

The Lake is top secret, but I hear Snipe's going off! ;)

Water temp - Icy Cold
GPS coordinates - didn't take them, too busy catching fish
Not much into steak any more
A-

Hope that answers your questions.

cube
01-28-2014, 01:01 PM
What camera / recording device were you using?

It was amazing how little action the Gill Getter got.

Thanks

pinelakeperch
01-28-2014, 01:15 PM
I love your videos, fascinating stuff!

Brandonkop
01-28-2014, 01:48 PM
What camera / recording device were you using?

It was amazing how little action the Gill Getter got.

Thanks

This was shot with a GoPro Hero the original in a dive case flat lense. The dive case gets rid of the distortion from the fish eye lense. I did some with my new GoPro Hero 3+ Black. The action wasn't as good but I'll get the video together eventually so you can see the quality difference.

Yeah I wasn't catching anything. I have to put the above water video together as well.

Jamie Black R/T
01-28-2014, 01:53 PM
yup that about covers it lol

I love your videos, fascinating stuff!

x2...keep them coming...you have a knack for this stuff IMO

kostianych
01-28-2014, 02:05 PM
great videos.....keep them coming :) ^^^^

madluk18
01-28-2014, 02:56 PM
How do you get you GoPro perfectly aligned with your hook??

Brandonkop
01-28-2014, 03:17 PM
How do you get you GoPro perfectly aligned with your hook??

I put it one a tripod and send it down the hole on a braided fishing line. Then I look down the hole and spin it until it is aligned with the hook and set it down on the ground. I also did one where I fish deeper and sent the aquavu down the hook hole to line up the camera, worked well I'll have the footage in another video.

madluk18
01-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Tripod down the hole! that's a good idea. I was wondering why the videos are so stable. I'll have to give the tripod idea a try.

Thanks! Videos are awesome!

Mayhem
01-28-2014, 04:48 PM
yup that about covers it lol

x2...keep them coming...you have a knack for this stuff IMO

X3...Always enjoy your videos, particularly those on perch (hint hint). Thanks

Brandonkop
01-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Well I'll have a bunch of perch fishing videos coming, hopefully they'll have some helpful tips your you.

Rabdo
01-28-2014, 06:57 PM
really cool video as usual, keep em coming brandon

Game Hunter
01-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Good quality videos, neat to watch the little ones flee when the big Moma comes in to feed. Ill be heading out this sat to try my luck.
Really enjoyed that thx.

Brandonkop
02-21-2014, 12:47 AM
This is the above water fishing from the underwater video I posted earlier here seen above. I explain how I fish a cicada in this video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sL2it-tZos

creighton
02-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know where I can pick up a couple "Reef Runner Cicadas" in Calgary area?
Fun video!!!!

NCFlyfishin
02-21-2014, 10:15 AM
The fishin hole has a small selection, but you can order from the fishin hole or reef runner website and get any type you want

Alberta Bigbore
02-21-2014, 09:11 PM
The videos are a treat to watch.. keep at them !

orangefreddie
02-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Great video... thanks for posting. I have some from TFH, but had to order the Glow ones from the website. Can't wait for my glow cicada's to show up in the mail. :fishing: