PDA

View Full Version : Marcum Lx9... Marcum came threw

niwrek
01-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Bought my Lx9 boxing day. Works awesome.... dropped camera into water today and it was all merky....thought it was the water. But lookin at the lens it was all frosted. put it on the dash of truck... didn't go away...stress cracks!!!!
Called Marcum they sending me new camera!!!! Awesome

Jack&7
01-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Vs 820....same problem. Frosted lense and now condensation inside the cam body. I am dealing with them right now too and getting shipping info to send the cam and cable back to them. I have heard nothing but positive stuff about their customer service...let's hope they come through for me too.

Even thoughthe 820 hasnt been made for a few years and is obviously past warranty, Chris Hansen from Marcum has said they.are very generous with their warranty.

icefever
01-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Have a Marcum Showdown that quite working at the beginning of December, the unit was 4 years old this year. Called them up to see if would be worth fixing, they said pack it up mail it down and they would fix it under warranty.
Got it back right after Christmas and it works great again. l couldn't ask for anything more from them. I will definitely buy another one of their units.

niwrek
11-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Went to use my Marcum camera yesterday, ......just installed the new camera they sent me, as the last one went all frosty inside..... bango this one went frosty tooo...... first time in the water.... sob.....anyone else have this happen,,,, or happen more then once???

Jamie Black R/T
11-17-2014, 04:18 PM
i had this happen with my lx9 last march...didnt get a new camera back till june...havent tested it yet guess i should do that if the replacements are junk too.

guess 1200 bucks isnt enough to ensure quality gear is used.

Burbotism
11-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Buy Vexilar!!