PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop lake lodge

BuckMaster101
01-28-2014, 07:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone has been to Dunlop lake lodge and what it was like? I’m just looking for BIG fish.

If anybody can recommend a different fly in for BIG fish i appreciate that as well. Thanks

Wes_G
01-28-2014, 07:52 PM
What is your target "big fish" species.

BuckMaster101
01-28-2014, 08:15 PM
We'd like to fish mostly for Big Jack and then just some walleye for shore lunch.

chad66
01-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone has been to Dunlop lake lodge and what it was like? I’m just looking for BIG fish.

If anybody can recommend a different fly in for BIG fish i appreciate that as well. Thanks

I have never been to Dunlop, but If you're serious about big pike I would recommend Hottah Lake which is just south of Great Bear Lake. The two are attached by the Camsell River. There are hundreds of large and small Islands with associated bays and shallow areas on the east side of the lake. Very few fisherman visit this lake and the fishing is second to none. The lake trout and grayling fishing is world class. The islands afford you protection from the wind and big water that is not as readily available on GBL.

I am not sure if Plummers Lodge has an outpost there, but I would be surprised if they didn't. Someone else on here probably knows about that.

35 whelen
01-29-2014, 07:03 AM
try the NORTH OF SIXTY CAMPS worked there for 8 years some great fishing for ESOX LUCIUS.

binnzer32
01-29-2014, 07:29 AM
Lac la marte. Use guide zack Brown