PDA

View Full Version : Burstall Lake, Mikisew Fishing - Overdue Report

Rabdo
01-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Soooooo last June me and 3 buddies went on a fly in fishing trip to Burstall Lake. We booked with Mikisew sport fishing, very reasonable rated. They flew us out of Fort McMurray to the lake, and we were left there for 5 nights. It was awesome!!!

It rained for 85% of the trip, but it was still amazing. We all caught a ton of fish. The pike were biting non stop the whole trip!! and once we found the Lakers, it was the same thing. Some caught jigging tube jigs, others caught trolling spoons, any spoons.

That was the farthest north I've ever been, it was really cool at night time, because it never really got that dark. I will definitely be doing more fly in trips in my future.

Anyway, I put together a short youtube video of our trip, check er out. I am not sure if it works on mobile devices or not, and if not, I don't know why lol Anyway, here it is!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ZC4AFxx68

:sHa_shakeshout:

binnzer32
01-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Looks like a good time.

BassDude
01-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Awesome!

nimrod
01-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Very nice video, we were there last year also, we hammered the lakers, and tons of Pike, fingers got hacked up from all the releasing, my fishing buddy caught a 19 pound pike on his side, and he took so long to get it in, so I casted out my side and bought an 18 pound pike, great times, we are going to McLelland lake this year, Happy fishing, Good times

Walleye101
01-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Good times! I highly recommend Loutit Lake. It's a Walleye buffet!

Rabdo
01-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Very nice video, we were there last year also, we hammered the lakers, and tons of Pike, fingers got hacked up from all the releasing, my fishing buddy caught a 19 pound pike on his side, and he took so long to get it in, so I casted out my side and bought an 18 pound pike, great times, we are going to McLelland lake this year, Happy fishing, Good times

That's awesome, it's fun having 2 fish on at the same time, I could only image bringing in 2 monster pike at once lol

Rabdo
01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Good times! I highly recommend Loutit Lake. It's a Walleye buffet!

how big were the walleye ?

1bluZebec
01-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Amazing looking trip! Great vid:)That's what I'm saving for as well. Fly in laker and pike fishing can't wait :sHa_shakeshout:

Speckle55
01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Great trip !! Nice Pictures

Thanks for sharing

David:)

FishHunterPro
01-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Great pics , looks like great place! I've been to Charles North camp,Ryan lake and Colin lake with mikisew and they are all great. Did south leland last year and booked in again for this year.